wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
wardy is in the dark on that pokie, the pro way of doing things is totally different then what us lowly amatuers do.
AJ is the numbers guy he mite know.

wardy

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Pro MX and SX is scored as follows
1st place = 25pts
2nd place = 22pts
3rd place = 20pts
4th place = 18pts
5th place = 16pts
6th place = 15 pts
7th place = 14  and on down to
20th place = 1pt

Only differance between MX and SX is that in SX there is only one main moto so the 1st place rider gets 25pts and the others points equal to their place.  In MX there are 2 motos so a perfect (1st and 1st) finish would equal 50pts for the day.  MX adds the 2 moto places and that is the score you get for the day.  if you got 1st and 2nd but your buddy got 2nd and 1st you both get 47 for the day but your buddy gets 1st overall
smile.gif
because ties are broken by the best finish in the second moto.

Hope this clears up one of the final hurdles blocking you from the Pro circuit
wink.gif
.  Goodluck

------------------
DAVE
Relax, the handcuffs are tight cause they are new.  They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
I have a copy of the AMA pro point system Pokie.
No way am I going to type all that.
I could mail a copy to you if you'd like?

The gest of it is it pays points each moto outdoors.
It is not like the "Olympic scoring" stystem we have in AMA Amateur
competition.
In pro you can actually go 1 / 5   and beat I guy that went 4/2 or many other combinations.Its based on total points earned on the day.
Ties are still broken by the second moto best finish.

AJ

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
WHOA Pokie!

To cool ! I have been dieing to see that article and mag but
"Busty"( Sebastian) has been slacking on getting me a copy! lol

Hey, is there a possibility you can translate it for me?
I would name my second child after you? ( sorry , first born already has a moniker)

My German is a LIL rusty?
smile2.gif

Plus I would love to see those picks that Frank Hoppen took!He is truely a great photo dude!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Fill us in on the story AJ!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Well..HAPPY Birthday Pokie!
What? your about 21 right? Coooool your legal now!
You can have that after moto beer! A German brand of course!lol

Hey Jay,
A German magazine named MOTO X Magazine wanted to test the CR500AF this year.( A popular mag in europe)
I hooked up with them thru some of my old riding buddies in SoCal that know the moto journalist, photog extrodinaire Frank Hoppen.( He does work for just about every moto mag on the planet and I met them at the MXdN in Brazil)

Anyway, I guess the article is finally out but not much circulation in the USA..I should have guessed Pokie would be a subscriber ! lol

I think it is printed in all German , its why I asked for a translation
smile2.gif

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Hmmmmm I wouldn't noe anyone that could translate that stuff, lets see aunt Erika, Uncle Gerhard, Mamma Renate? What you think AJ LOL.

wardy
get me a copy and before the aunt and uncle head for russia for vacation i mite get it translated
smile.gif

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Pretty cool AJ, when I was in Europe for work I checked out as many mags as I could (hey I can look at the pictures)!  I also loved to check out all the bikes we can't have in the US!  (I wan't a CRM250!!!)...or a NSR would be cool too!

The followers of TFS know Hoppen!  

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Wardy..LOL I know the Ward family background!!
After all how many American Indians are named Gerhard?
Naw... they just go by 2 letters or "Wounded Knee"  "Rides with Flat" etc..
smile2.gif
( remember "we" are an indigenus species to North America)

The deal was "Pokie" had a copy of the mag..I dont at the moment..be hard for Aunt Ward to translate a blank page
xsmile.gif

Thanks again Pokie for the translation!!and yes Hoppen seems to have a very funny /twisted sense of humor.A very good guy.

Jay ..thats how I started talking to Hoppen originally ..from Mtalk...then some riding pals in SoCal that ride with him and also post on Mtalk.
The net does make the world smaller.
<p align=right>06-05-2000 :Edited

Top Bottom