MX ride at MX573 in Montrose, PA on 4/21

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I know some of you are planning a trail ride at Tower City on this date but I personally was looking forward to a group ride at a MX track. My preference is MX and I know I’ll be getting my fill of rocks and such at Paragon on May 5th. :eek:

This Track in Montrose is beautiful. The guy is constantly working on it and he installed several thousands of dollars in a watering system 2 years ago. It’s a perfect place for all levels. All of the big jumps have a bypass if you don’t want to jump them (follow me, I use them) and the whole track is 15 to 20 feet wide. I just got off the phone with him and he says the track is in real good shape. He’s in the process of repairing it from the winter damage but it doesn’t need a lot.

Check out the website for more info and pictures http://www.mx573.com/ The track is 30 minutes south of Binghamton and 30 minutes north of Scranton. He even has a small store at the track for spare parts and a pressure washer for cleaning up your bike.

I know you MX guys are out there so lets get this going. For anyone that wants to camp, there is rough camping at the track (see the website). I’ve ridden there with people that drive in from NJ for the day because they tell me that besides Englishtown, it’s the best track and they’ve been to Jack Frost.

Plus there’s a nice little pee wee track for some of you (you know who you are :p)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
Plus there’s a nice little pee wee track for some of you (you know who you are :p)
That would be you, right? ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Re: Re: MX ride at MX573 in Montrose, PA on 4/21

Originally posted by WoodsRider

That would be you, right? ;)
I actually rode on it once last year but I didn't like it. There were no bypasses for the jumps :eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've got 7 guys lined up so far for this ride. The weather is supose to be in the 50's and sunny. Be there or be square. :)

K

kxracer125

yeah i ride there all the time it is a nice track.for some reason the website is not working....but yeah Ed (owner) is a nice.but i dont think i will be able to make it up there the 21st but hope u guys have fun.And the good think about this track is there are never alot of ppl riding there.i have been there by myself befor it was kindda kool but boring..

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks for chiming in but you already missed it. We were there 4 years ago!! :) We did have a blast though.

Why don't you join us for our anual Spring ride at Paragon. It's 6/16-18/06? The thread is in this forum.

kxracer125

Apr 12, 2006
i didn't know i only went to paragon once it was cool but its more geared to the hard core off road i think.i mean like some of the trials where cool the play area was cool.but most of the trial are too hard for a 2 stroke dirt bike.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Before 4 strokes all we had were 2 strokes and they actually work better in the woods because they're lighter and more agile. You'd be surprised at some of the "hard core" off road riders that come to the Spring ride. ;)

Top Bottom