MXA INTERVIEW | AUSTIN FORKNER TALKS ABOUT GETTING TAKEN OUT & BAD LUCK

• Thread starter Motocross Action Magazine
  • Start date

Motocross Action Magazine

MXA INTERVIEW | AUSTIN FORKNER TALKS ABOUT GETTING TAKEN OUT & BAD LUCK

On Jul 25, 2018
Last updated Jul 25, 2018

It’s a fact that one of the strongest 250 motocross teams, as well as one of the fastest 250 riders has been struck by bad luck more times that once on 2018. If you have seen any of the 2018 Lucas Oil Outdoor Motocross rounds it would be easy to assume that Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Austin Forkner would be battling for the championship. But its been a strange case of one good moto followed by another bad moto. And its really not the fault of the 19-year-old. Many times, his overall results have been derailed by the riding of a competitor. Still fourth in championship points, and with an overall podium championship finish in his sights, Forkner is focused on doing his best. We caught up with Austin in Millville, Minnesota after an eighth overall via 2-18 moto finishes.

BY JIM KIMBALL

AUSTIN, LET’S BEGIN WITH YOUR RIDING THIS OUTDOOR SEASON. I BELIEVE WITH YOUR SPEED THAT MANY WOULD THINK YOU WERE ONE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS. Yes, I can understand your comment somewhat. I would like to be closer to the points lead…

Continues at the source..

Check DirtRider.Net for the latest MotoNews, gear reviews, How-To videos and much more.

Get your moto gear at Rocky Mountain