ihone

Jan 10, 2006
finally got my son back into it. I thought we had lost the fire, but he had an idea of going riding once again 2 weeks ago - and he looked stellar! I only got 1 good pic, but he looked 'very comfortable'....lol!

IMG_1739.jpg

agreed?

He'll be riding some tracks here inthe Houston area in a 'due-rotation' soon enough. I just gotta get outta work long enough to get him to one, and let him rip the dirt to shreds!

Enjoy!

*btw: he's 5 years old, and has been riding since he was 3 (on PW50 on training wheels), now he's plenty good on the same bike and loves the new black plastics.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool!

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
I've ALWAYS had the most pride in my son.

We've gone to several races for 50's, and watched from the sidelines. And, we've seen those parents (both moms and dads) screaming at their child - things like -

"Why didn't you just ride a little harder?"
"You disappoint me, because you can ride harder than that!"

And the worst we've heard -
"I can't believe you're my son...you ride like a girl - we're done!"

Now, with that said - my son had seen all this from the first few races. On that last quote - he actually took it upon himself (all 5 years old of him) to scream back at the dad telling his 7 year old he can't believe that the kid was his son. He said -

"BEEE NIIICE!!!"
I've never seen my son scream with such intensity and poise. Not even when he broke his collarbone @ 4 years old. This kid is a class act (not trying to brag, but I gotta) and has taught me a few things in life.

Then, he walked to the kid and shook his hand, told him he rides 'real nice' and wants to race someday. They started their own conversation, and I was standing there with the father that had just scolded his son for coming in 3rd.

The dad instantly started crying, and realized that he'd taken his emotions way too far.

After we left the races, I took my son for ice cream, told him he had done something special, and I was very proud of him. He did ask "Why did that guy yell at that boy?" I couldn't imagine what was running thru my son's head as he was watching some 40 year old man scream at his 7 year old son.....it's appauling. But he kept his cool as long as he could and then struck just at the perfect moment.

Look for big things in the near future from this kiddo. He's making a grand comeback!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Glad to hear you're raising a little man with some dignity and backbone. Kids are awesome!

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Sweet! My boy just turned 3. I have a Z50 I picked up for him a few months back. The wife is making me hide it for a while. I figure on giving it to him at x-mas time and hoping he's ready to start riding by next spring. He'll be 4 next april. He's still sporting training wheels on his bicycle so I'm going to be working with him on that over the summer.

Your boy looks too cool for school in that pic! lol

J.

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
If you need guidance on building your own training wheels, let me know! I built the ones he had, and they lasted thru 7 big crashes, his wear and tear, and they're on another bike now! I didn't sell them, but just gave them away.

they're super easy to build, and you'd be suprised at how tough they can actually be.

GL w/ your kiddo! Life isn't long enough to waste all these great memories we could share.

Ihone and co~ out!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
My little guys are getting pretty good on bicycles but aren't tall enough for dirt bikes just yet. They will be 4 the end of July. One has been without training wheels on the bicycle since last september. The other just got his off on tuesday. They can both ride standing up and love to lean it in on turns. They make me prop up a little peice of plywood on a chunk of firewood so they can ride off of it.They're funny to watch ride around together. I'm not a big fan of training wheels on minis and I'm broke now anyway so we'll wait till they're a bit taller for dirt bikes.

Top Bottom