JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
Well i put up a thread in this forum the other day explaining how my clutch was draging, and when i put it in gear with the clutch in it wanted to stall. I thought it was the fibre plates and some of you said it may be a notchy basket.

Well today i took my bike for a thrash and the clutch cable snaped. it was only being held by one of the small cables that make up the whole clutch cable. Do you reckon this is y my clutch was soo heavy and not engaging properly.

Also i've never had to do a clutch cable before, do i have to pull the clutch cover off and the clutch out to do it????

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Good job on finding the problem, just what i thought the prob was. That is prob your solution to all you clutch drag, Had the same problem with mine not long ago till cable was replaced then it was fine. For replacing it, should be pretty easy. Just run the new cable like the old one was ran. I'm not possitve about your bike how it is set-up but it should be a pretty straight forward job for replacing it. If you have a manual that would tell you how to do it also. Good Luck

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
If you havent already, dont remove the old cable. Wait till the new one comes in any you have it in your hand to install it. This way you can be sure it is routed correctly. Also if your clutch still drags its very easy to remove the clutch cover and check the basket, you could possibly even do it looking through the rubber oil fill plug.

Top Bottom