my first time at a track, it was glen helen vintage race. pics inside

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
alright, about 2 weeks ago a good friend invited me to go with him to the vintage races at glen helen. he raced an 84 cr125
and while i didnt race i got alot of practice on the vintage track riding on a..... well i'll let the pictures say the rest. oh and yes it's a 69' model. i had alot of fun and can't wait till i actually race.

CIMG0452.jpg

CIMG0451.jpg

<
CIMG0443.jpg
thats what i rode (i was in my mechanics cloths)

CIMG0439.jpg

CIMG0453.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Those old coffin tank Maicos still have the best looking tanks ever.

I'll bet it was a total blast riding that thing. It looks like the perfect track for it.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Good stuff

That's too cool that you got to take laps on that baby! If you become interested in Maicos there are a bunch of sites that cater to them. Yahoo has a group that discusses them that is pretty good.

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
it was a blast, easier to ride than the cr125 asfar as hills go but we did lose the chain. it hasnt been run in 10 years or so but he brought it out mainly so we'd have somthing to do inbetween watching the race and him racing so i cleaned the carb and it fired up second kick with 0 kickback and with the original bing carb! had no problems, no piston slap nothing except for the clutch needing a little adjustment. it was a blast and i cant wiat to get on it again but pretty soon we'll be getting his 68 maico 360 up and going, it has a straight pipe and we had it running the otherday although its not ride ready as it neads fork boots, seals ect and it has a mean sound, sounds like a million fire crackers going off. im adicted to it now and we'll be riding the 2 maicos together soon so i can't wait to go out and do that. cant wait to ride the 360 either :p i'll post the pics of the next ride when i get them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom