KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
this is going to sound crazy, but i need the money so this bike is now for sale.
i have poured over $2500 into her so if your in New Zealand and want a great bike
grab yourself a bargin!
:( :(

also have a 94 YZ80 with fresh top end for sale.

jarrad_williason@hotmail.com

russp

Sep 27, 2009
do you have a ral number for telecom green? also does the kx expantion pipe of the same year fit into the kdx engine or did you have to modify? cheers russ

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
Blast from the past!!!!!

Im back in the saddle of a kdx again and loving it!!!!!

I picked up this for $500

also got a KX85 for $500 at the same time needs a piston and rings

I was told it needed a top end done, it turned over but was pretty scratchy so i figured it would need replating, when i got the clyinder off i found out the bottom end was toast too.

So i bought another bike minus engine and wheels for $200
It had been fully rebuilt with 10 hours riding when the frame snapped, the guy kept everything else to make a kart out of it but never got round to it.

so now i have a sweet running engine with a second FMF fatty pipe a FMF silencer and basically a whole bike of spares!

time for a teardown.....

i cut the rear of the frame off of corse to fit a kx125 rear fender and lighten the bike up a bit,
then i had a good look over it and did a bit of welding, its almost 20 years after all
then sent the frame off to get powdercoated, black this time

i goy some of the boaring stuff out of the way while waiting for the frame

but then new parts started to turn up

the frame arrived back so i got to work.....

making progress

moved the electrics ready to chop the airbox lid

the bike had no coolant overflow, thankfully the spares bike did

nice short silencer ( the yoshi sticker was a leftover from my Z1100)

my rear guard mounts

it does not sit as nice as the maier ones do but kx fenders are about 25-30 bucks! enough said...

more bits for powder coating

and thats where i am at now, waiting on new plastics, decals, seat cover, foot pegs, wheels to come back from powdercoating (also Black)

Last edited:
Top Bottom