KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
MY KDX 250 (dial up warning) NEW PICS!

hey all. im crook and got the day off work so i decided to blab about my bike a bit!

91 KDX 250:

this is how i got the bike, a bit worse for wear!
asigotit.jpg

the first thing to do was to get her on a diet, so the rear sub frame had to go and the silencer needed to be smaller.
exhaustmods2.jpg

oldmuffler.jpg

the subframe bolts off, so that was no problem, and i was lucky enough that the huge silencer had two mounts, so when i took to it wit a hacksaw i still had a mount to the frame, as the other one was on the now removed sub frame.

oldmuffler2.jpg

mufflercutdown.jpg

Last edited:

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
ya come on lets see some photos of your bike. to help encourage you here is one of my 97cr125. note this pic was after a run in with a 4 wheeler. :bang:

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 3,290

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
newpics007.jpg

while i had the engine out and wating for parts from japan, i thought i would give the frame a new coat.

newphotos776.jpg

newphotos777.jpg

the KX expansin chamber required a new mount.
newexhaustmount.jpg

and no i did not re-do it purple!
newphotos002.jpg

the parts had arived and the engine re-build was under way,

but i could not get a gear selector, new or scond hand! i needed one as the previous owner welded the gear lever to the selector shaft "To stop it slipping!"

so i had to cut the shift fork off the shaft and have it welded onto the shaft off a Yamaha big bear, was perfect diamiter.

Last edited:

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
mainbearings1.jpg

the engine was now ready to ga back in.
bike003.jpg

genuine hoses were really expensive so i hunted around for car heater hoses that would fit, as i couldn't find anyone who did a silicon set.
newpics008.jpg

i think the stock leavers are crap and flex too much, but can be hard to replace as they have to go down and then under the chain and back up, but i found an aftermarket one for an 05 YZ 250 that works grate!
newpics011.jpg

newpics009.jpg

Last edited:

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
back together and just trying to sort out the platics. a 08 KXF front gaurd will be on soon.
newpics004.jpg

bikes003.jpg

the rear gaurd is off a 2007 KXF450, but i'll need to trim the new side pannels to match when i get them.
newpics005.jpg

fork protectors off a KLX not sure what year. if u know what the genuine ones look like u will know why i changed them.
newpics002-1.jpg

frame gaurds to protect that new coat. and only cost $15 bucks!
newpics001.jpg

Last edited:

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
thanks!
its powder coated. looks really good and is pretty hard wearing.

sitll have the bash plate and exhaust gaurd to go on yet.

and sorry guys the site kept telling me i had too many pics so i had to reply to myself to put more up.

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
So here are the latest pics, a new 08 KXF450 front gaurd
and 220 headlight surround, light still to come, has nice new cables too.
phone005.jpg

phone007.jpg

phone008.jpg

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
finally got the stand on, after re-tapping the bolt holes that the last owner stripped out for me!
aahhhh no more finding a tree to lean on for me!

newpics007-1.jpg

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
latest pics

THE LATEST PICS FINALLY FINISHED!

its a bit hard to see, but at the rear of the seat i now have a grab strap, exhasut gaurd is on, and bashplate works a treat.
and check out that new 130 on the rear!!

kdx002.jpg

kdx001.jpg

Last edited:

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Looks good! I'm interested to see how the hybrid goes. If you need dimensions for a cr125 frame I can give some rough measurements. Good luck.

russp

Sep 27, 2009
kdx frame

hi bike looks sweet, im trying to get my kdx frame powder coated and cant find the right colour, closest i could find is RAL 6018, is this the colour you used? cheers russ,

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
hey the colour i used was called "telecom green"
and have played around with the jetting a bit cnt remember what it is at the moment
but it's working great!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Here was my old KDX250:

kdx250front.jpg

Ton of mods. But had the KX gaskets, wiseco piston, ported cylinder, Vforce reeds, KX forks, Ohlin's shock, 19" rear wheel

This is the jetting that made the bike RIP at sealevel and on amsoil 50:1 mix:

Jetting: 38/158 , R1367H needle 3rd clip from top, #6 slide

Basically you need the KX head gasket, good exhaust, remove the airbox lid and the needles and slide. Then if you are not running 50:1, probably go up on the main and pilot a size or 2. But that jetting made the bike scream!

Sold it when I went fulltime MX. Good times though!

Top Bottom