need all new swingarm bearings and linkage for cr80

gary2010

Jun 16, 2010
well i got a spare cr80 shocker off my friend today and went to put it on, so when i loosen the top bolt to my frame i expected the swingarm to drop but it just stayed in place was very hard to move. so i took all the engine out radiator off ehxuast and swingarm, the bearings all had flat spots where the suspension had been sitting and not moving lol so now all my swing arm linkage is all off and i need 6 new bearings for it.
i need 3 bearings for in the swingarm itself and another 3 bearings for in the linkage part, well that all i think i need and it will be a puzzle getting it back together.

so when i do get to ordering my bearings how would i fit them my friend was saying i need a press or something any help with this iv never really messed with swingarms before i normally get rid of a bike if i feel abit of play lol but i like this bike and would not mind it in good condition. thank you for any help

gary2010

Jun 16, 2010
http://www.pivotworks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cProducts.view&productid=1190

would they do all my bearings what i need there is 1 on the bottom of the swingarm and 1 on each side of where the big bolt goes through the swing arm and engine so theres 3 on the swing arm i need.

then i need the 3 bearings on the linkage part thing 2 big bearings and 1 smallish one. there is 1 on the top of the rear shock but that is ok on mine.

does any one know how much it would cost to press the bearings out then put the new ones in and how would i do it if i tried, there is a car garage up the road they have a 2 ton press or something he was saying before but i dont really know what to do i might just take it up to the bike shop

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are installation videos and instructions on the site. Go through them and you should have a better idea what it will take.

gary2010

Jun 16, 2010
i think i might try removing the bearings from my swingarm tomorrow iv watched the video and il give it ago i cant find any video showing how to remove the bearings from the linkage. i need to buy an flamethrower type of thing to heat up the metal. well il see what i can do again tomorrow

gary2010

Jun 16, 2010
well iv took all the seals off the linkage so i can see the bearings im going to try hammer them out with a socket tomorrow.

another question i have about my rear shock, i loosened up the hard or soft rebound screw alot and oil started squirting out and i could see the seal i let all the oil drain out then put the seal back properly so its all together like it should be now it just doesnt have any oil in it what can i do about this? i have a spare shocker but i like my original it has some anodised red parts my spare is just standard

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom