Yoshi23

Feb 13, 2017
I ride a 09 yz250f. So today while riding my bike it was shifting really hard. This isn't the first time last time I rode it did it and once before that. Little info my chain is about 3 1/2 finger width at the back of the chain slide. What it's doing is down to first it will jump the bike forward which I know is normal since my idol is turned up. But what concerns me is the shifts from 1-5 up and back down. All the way up the bike shifts really hard I got off it while running pulled the clutch and ran the gears up and down and with no weight on the bike every gear shift was like going from neutral to 1st. The chain had slack and it would snap the chain but also a loud clunk. It sounds and looks exactly like it is slamming into gear. I'm worried it's causing a lot of wear in the transmission. Anyone else ever had this problem? Also when the bike is off I have to rock the bike either back or forward to get it into any gear if that matters. Not sure if that is normal. Any help is appreciated.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
How much clutch freeplay is there at the lever?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Next logical step is to pull the side cover and inspect the clutch basket for excessive wear and grooving.

Yoshi23

Feb 13, 2017
Clutch basket looks good. Doesn't look like excessive wear. If I can post a video I will. I think I am over reacting the guy I bought it from said it was normal. It does have a race clutch hot cams and 270 bore kit. Not sure if anything really matters.

Top Bottom