lovehunting

Sep 27, 2014
I just bought my son a yz 80 thought to be a 99. rode it 1 day and piston exploded. Want to fix it up nice. While tearing apart i seen frame has been fixed several times and it is a 92. Question i have is what frame will work with 92 engine? Engine is being professionally rebuild by a buddy. Wanna buy new plastics and frame off ebay and need to know what years are compatable. Thanks

john_in_vegas

Mar 15, 2008
I don't know. If you don't get an answer, go to Yamaha parts site. Compare the part numbers. Can't imagine they changed the frame unless there were major changes for a model year.

lovehunting

Sep 27, 2014
I don't know. If you don't get an answer, go to Yamaha parts site. Compare the part numbers. Can't imagine they changed the frame unless there were major changes for a model year.
I have tried contacting them and cannot get a definate answer. will try checking part numbers thanks

john_in_vegas

Mar 15, 2008
Just looked at bike bandits parts, i guess the frame is not available, so the part number for the 92 isn't listed

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
93-01 should all be the same as well, so I'd make sure the frame you have is a '92.

Top Bottom