flyingboy

Apr 11, 2001
I'm going to buy some new tires for my 96 250exc and was wondering what a good tire combo is for 50/50 trail, motocross here in the southeast. Around here, it's Ga red clay and no sand.
Thanks.

------------------

BP

Jun 25, 2000
IRC VE 35 front and VE 33 rear. They will outlast anything made .
They are fairly inexpensive to purchase. They work in a wide variety of terrain. I've been riding/racing for 23 years and used just about every tire out there and the IRCs are by far the best tires I've ever used ! Good Luck and Happy Trails !!!

Mike-200

Aug 22, 2000
How do the IRC tires handle compared to, let's say, a set of m-12's or 756's. I'm thinking of getting some IRC's because they last so long. Missouri is very rocky, and I'm going to school in colorado in the fall, and its rocky there too. The m-12's just don't seem to hold up when its really rocky, and the IRC's look like a viable alternative. However, I fear that I'll lose traction in soft-terrain compared to these other tires. What do you all think?

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
IRC Tires

1. I've been using the IRC M5B rear tire with super success. This tire has lugs in it that should only be allowed in tractor-truck pulls. Note: some folks still use this tire for hillclimbing events. They cut off every other lug for that deep-down satisfaction. It's designed for soft loam and muddy tracks and is perfect for Muenster sand here in Texas. And to make it even better is that it's offered in a 140/80-18 size for a HUGe footprint.
  2. The IRC VE33/35 is als a great Cross Country tire designed for everything.
    [/list=1]

Last edited:

Montana300

May 4, 2000
I used to run the M5B rear exclusively, but now run either a 752 or S12. I think the M5B has less traction when really laid over in a flat turn when compared to the 752 or S12. In a straight line the tall knobbed M5B does really well IMO, plus it does last a long time if you don't spin it through too many rocks.

Top Bottom