CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Pokie said:
:clue:

..... doing wheelies and stoppies (scoring points for each category, yielding a prize for the winner):

a- longest wheely (points for duration and distance)
b- erectest wheely (within a 15 foot space, e.g.)

c- longest duration stoppy (move no more than x inches)
d- erectest stoppy

3-member judging, visually. In case of "tie" a run-off will be held...

I'm definately IN!! I've hoped for an event like this ever since MWSF '00.

I say no "burely fellows" to keep us from going over the bars. That's where all the fun is! If you go over...everyone laughs! :laugh:

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
BEEF706 said:
I stand corrected, Squeaky you bully :laugh:

Oh yeah...that's me... :moon:
BEEF706 said:
I still remember coming into the pits and thinking that was the main track :ohmy:

I thought the same thing!!!!!!!! Little did I know what I was in for...

On topic now...the barrell races were an absolute blast last year...Im totally in for that again!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Okiewan said:
Best memory is Elk throwing the XR50 away, losing a shoe, etc.. lol. Good stuff.

Ya, I waited for EVER going around a barrel for him to un-pile so we could finish our "mini bike" race around the barrels. :laugh:

Mike & Mary

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 5, 2003
That Arkansas boy (Mike Snook) is still laughing, but he did feel bad enough to put 1/2 that money back into the second pot. If you guys will let us come back this year, we will bring the cones, so we don't have to use beer boxes on sticks.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Mary, I've been waiting for one of you to post something. you and Mike were a nice addition to the family at Dirtweek this past year, hope you both plan on attending again.

Eddie

Last edited:

skillzman1

Nov 26, 2003
truespode said:
I'm definately out.

This is how well I did in my last wheelie contest...

What gear was that in..ugghh!!

Looks like the one my buddy did in 4th on his cr250 ...on the pavement...told him not to drink beer when he rode! :clue:

Mike & Mary

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 5, 2003
Glad to know someone remembered us, and thanks for letting us crash the party. Mike and I do not visit the internet often - and we have been busy with Mike's racing and trials comp. We had such a good time with you guys last year, and plan to be there this year. I am president of the Arkansas Harescramble Championship Series this year, Mike is riding this series and the PARTS UNLIMITED OMA/UORR series, and rode the first GNCC in Gilmer. We are having the first race for the OMA series at our ranch in Northwest Arkansas on March 13 and 14. Anyone close enough and wants to come you can contact us at wildcatranch@tds.net. I'm gonna have to spend some time and figure out how to pay our dues and become a bona fide member of this here organization. Hope to see all of you in September/October.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I think if there is a fire :flame: involved in the barrel racing my money is on Lou! :laugh:

I would love to judge a wheelie contest. Although the best erectile kinda scares me. :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I plan to make all my money placing side bets in the wheelie & stoppie contest. I'm putting all my green on that freak of nature Mike Snook! Snook on a freakin' XR200 could pull better wheelies or stoppies than me on my Montesa!! :laugh:

Mike & Mary

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 5, 2003
Mike is now riding a CRF450 now. Crossed over, you know. We are getting ready for our big OMA National next weekend. Have you been seeing us in Cycle News, Dirtbike, Dirt Rider, etc?? Wildcat 100, Decatur, AR - that's us, Mike and Mary! See you guys in a few!

spandy

Oct 12, 2004
Count me in on the wheelies. The last time I had one taped off we had to use the odometer of my friends pickup which came to a little over 2/5ths of a mile (over 4-10ths). And yes it was on the highway and yes I had tires that were way over do for replacement....that just helped them alone :)

Oh ya, I'm bad :nener:

dooner

Feb 16, 2005
Yeah thats a great idea. Thats all I like doing is wheelies. Had a 1983 xr350 that was a wheelie machine. Then a 1998 xr400 which was even better. Just got a 1980 yz250 and it seems to flip easily....No stoppies with the drum brakes too. I'm gonna go practice tomorrow I only rode it down the street tonight.

Top Bottom