KDX Racer

May 11, 2001
My three sons and I went out to a new MX track I heard about. The track name is Extremeland MX and is located in Kaufman county. The track is off of 205 and CR 243. We really liked the layout of the track, great jumps. It was so hot on Saturday we did not ride as much as we would have liked. The track could use more water (I think that is true about all tracks in Texas this time of the year) and they REALLY need to have flaggers. My oldest son went down at the base of one of the bigger jumps, and before I could get to him to help him move his bike, a guy on a Kawasaki #50 came over the jump and hit very hard. I hope you are OK, my son was a little upset, but I told him it was not his fault. I hope the owner will place flaggers at all of the big jumps before our next visit to the track.

Go try this place, it is worth the drive, but ask about FLAGGERS when you sign up.:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I can't recall riding in a non-race event where flaggers were present? Was it a practice session or just open riding?

KDX Racer

May 11, 2001
The operators called it a "Practice" and the sign-in sheet called it a "Practice", but it really was a open riding session.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Yea mmm Just like the Greasy chicken ? those people can barely help themselves .......but hey I'll ride in a junk yard anytime.....no flaggers just a cell phone....thats the only way to save yourself FROM THOSE IDIOTS THAT ARE DRINKING AND RIDING !!!!!:think

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Wow, I might just have to try that out. I think this might be the closest place for me to ride. Is it non-motocrosser (well or motorcross newbie) friendly, like smaller jumps and tables and stuff, or is there huge triples?

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
went there on Saturday and its a cool track...Its a smaller track and there is a Race on the 5th in the morning at like 8...COOL PLACE....

There is a sign on 205 if your heading south before you hit Terrell (about 7 miles away, about 11 from Rockwall) the sign is on a small 4 foot white fence says " Xtreme Land" go left on the gravel road for 3 miles then turn right into it....there are flags....but they can be hard to see from all the dust ......

Ill try and find the flyer for # ........but spread the word these are cool people and they are trying to save there LAND !!!!!!!!!!!! The race is Aug 5th ....

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
Here are the directions as I remember them:scream: Get on I30 east from dallas exit 205 south go approx 11 miles (you will see a small banner and flags on the east side of the road were you are supposed to turn) to CR243(if i remember correctly the road is also labeled FM1392) turn east and go approx 2+ miles you will see another set of banners and flags on the south side of the road this is the entrance to Xtreamland MX. if you come to the end of the road you have gone to far ;). Practice is 10 bucks 6-9 during the week and 10-?? on the weekend. I think that the race was 25 entry fee.

PS. found the flyer telephone Number is 214-537-0102 and it 2.9 miles on CR 243 from 205 to Xtremeland MX park

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Went last night. Pretty good track for what I saw. There was a nice step-up and that tabletop going south is insane! Had a lot of fun feeding the grasshoppers to the abundance of Yellow Garden Spiders in the trees. Started to lean on one tree and there were no less than 6 of them within reach.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
It's a starter for sure. I'm told the dirt at Bull Run is better though. Xtreme has some really large tabletops, a good step up, small rythym section and no whoops. A pretty fast track. The people are nice, the ladies at the sign-in table fur sure:cool: and there looked to be water outlets for watering the track with small pond in the middle. The dirt road to and from the place is the killer though. You'll need to cover your filter if you trailer the bikes or drive in a convoy. Probably going to try out Bull Run this Sunday.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Yarbo,
I hate to tell you this but... those big scary spiders are wimps compared to the plain ole brown monkey spider. We used to have spider fights in the office (in ICT KS). I brought one of those in thinking it would take care of the house winner (monkey spider) and was surprised at how quickly the monkey took care of a spider twice it's size (and twice as scary looking). They are big scary looking wimps. :)

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
yarbo, those spiders are cool. when i lived in college station, the house i rented had glass doors on the back porch. we had a large yellow garden spider - musta been 4" long - living in a web just outside the glass. my roomies and i would catch flies, then take 'em outside and toss them into the web. if we ran back inside quickly enough, we could watch from 6" away as she hog tied the fly so she could snack down. it was better than "wild kingdom"!

ok, back to riding. how about a mini-spode fest this wednesday night at badlands??

wp.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Awe, come on! Give it up! We NEED another ridin' spot in the DFW area. We promise to keep it secret ;)

-jeffd

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
It is a private track off of 380 in the middle of nowhere. It is about 30 minutes from Central Yamaha. I used to go a few times a week. It was awesome because no one is around you and you can make as much noise as you want. I can't go anymore because the friend that let me in there got in trouble for bringing friends to go ride with him... hence me and a few others. :( :think It "was" a great place though and free. Awesome motocross section and miles and miles of marked trails. Every once in a while they hold a cross country race there. :( I miss that track, and it is so close to my house. :(

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
That truly does stink. :(

Too bad about that had to happen...

-jeffd

Top Bottom