firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wooo-Hoooo! I just finally started the process of buying my new KTM E/XC 200. I am so excited!

I was torn between the E/XC and the M/XC and the dealer only had the E/XC in stock so that pretty much made up my mind. I think that will be the better bike for me anyway. I'm coming off an XR 200 so the M/XC would probably make me work too hard since I'm used to being able to lug through technical stuff. But it will still have WAY better suspension for when I start racing motocross.

I am still waiting to hear back on my finance application but as soon as that comes in I get to start ordering goodies to go with it! A new set of gear was first on the list, as well as gas can and all the necessary fluids and stuff. And bark busters. I'm going to try the new Acerbis Rally 2. The dealer even had those in stock.

I hate this part! I want to pick it up NOW but I have to wait until next week since the dealership will be closed for a customer appreciation campout. Darn them anyway!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Between bikes at the moment--but a pumpkin is looming on the horizon!
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/flyin_firecracker22
E-mail me at flyin_firecracker22@yahoo.com

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Fire C, Sounds like you made a good choice, good luck, you will love the orange bikes!

------------------

AMA
BRC

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Like my uncle used to say " the more it hurts, the better it will feel when it stops hurtin". It's worth the wait.

------------------
“ If we weren’t all crazy we would go insane” Jimmy Buffett
'99 KTM 380sx

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Congrats! Chalk up another looker for the pumpkin patrol
wink.gif
Yup us Euro guys must just have what it takes to lure the girl away from the bland land of rice bikes
tongue.gif

Next up! GSR
eek.gif

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Time to step up Gospeedracer!!

Come on Aimee! I sat on the 200exc this morning that is waiting for you in Sparks NV.

You could even get yours while good 'ole firecrackers waits
tongue.gif

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22:
I'm coming off an XR 200 so the M/XC would probably make me work too hard since I'm used to being able to lug through technical stuff

With the KTM you'll actually be able to go faster through the technical stuff

And Patman, you sayin' I ride a girls bike?
wink.gif

Congrats Firecracker... so you wanna race?

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
FC22, you make a good point about the EXC's low first gear. If you feel you need a "bailout" gear, then the EXC is fine. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are darned close on both bikes, so the EXC will not prove to be a problem for you in any way gearing-wise.

A really agressive rider may never use first on the EXC, but it is there for slow trials work. I saw Ray Peters do some amazing slow trials stuff on a 2000 200EXC. It has a much more friendly power delivery and lugability at slow-slow speeds than my 300. So much so that the 300 will be getting a 13 on the front next time around (14 now).

Are you able to keep the XR? That sounds like a really neat second bike, and a great bike to introduce your other GF's to the sport.

------------------
TexKDX

[This message has been edited by TexKDX (edited 04-17-2001).]

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Great choice!!

You'll need the working headlight for the night-time poker run at the Midwest Spodefest. Last year was my first time ever riding at night. I think we rode 18 miles, and it was complete blast!!!
biggrin.gif

Hope to see you and the new bike there.

------------------
Tim Roberts
99 KDX 200
http://sera.dirtrider.net

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by TexKDX:

Are you able to keep the XR? That sounds like a really neat second bike, and a great bike to introduce your other GF's to the sport.

I wish. No, I had a really weird deal going on financially—Even though my pickup is in my name, I owe mom for it since she paid cash for it and gave it to me. So I had to sell the XR—got a really good deal for it, too—and give her the cash, and then she’d co-sign for me on the bike. I wanted to keep it and for those reasons but there was no other way to get the money. Unfortunately.

But it works out ok since my bike will be my only payment.

------------------

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Good luck with the new steed. Please give us a ride report ASAP. I've got a major jones forming for one of those bikes.
smile.gif

------------------

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Welcome to the group of KTM owners. You should love the bike. Like *william* said, you actually go over the technical stuff instead of riding through it. Its amazing how much better a rider you are when you get good suspension under you, unlike on the XRs.

------------------

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Congratulations FC!!! How exciting!
biggrin.gif

Ya, Ya, Stick, leave it up to you to rub it in! I am pretty sure I'm gonna go with the 250 though so you can get your butt off that 200 in the shop.
wink.gif

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Oh, look who decided to show up, GSR. Stick, are you still drunk from last night, or what? A 250 huh? Can someone bring a camera along? I've got to see the first ride on that!

------------------

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Congrats to both firecracker22 and Gospeedracer. You've both made good choices but I've got to hand it to firecracker for choosing the 200. It's an awesome little bike. Not that I am biased or anything.

Good Luck,
Neal
00KTM 200exc

------------------
2000 KTM 200exc
2001 TTR 125L
1971 125SL
1973 175 Harley On-Off

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well, lets look at the delay as a positive thing; you still have time to change your mind and get the best 200 out there, the GasGas that is
tongue.gif

Welcome to the Euro board where we have nothing better to do than to argue which brand is better
redface.gif

Oh and Monkey Butt, I'm not the least bit biased either
wink.gif

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

[This message has been edited by Lemming (edited 04-17-2001).]

GaryKTM200

Dec 5, 2000
"Does KTM have a different type of finance plan than the rest? Yamaha had an answer for us in 2 minutes (Oh...not to rub it in )"

Yamaha likes to do it quickly so that the prospective buyer doesn't change his/her mind and buy a KTM.
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

Sorry but I had to say that. (kidding. sort of)

------------------
It's not how fast you can go but how much fun you have!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Firecracker, I knew you had class from the first time I saw you at Q's
tongue.gif

Yes, KTM has that zero interest for 3 or 4 months deal right now, so it probably will take a little longer for approval.

Oh yeah, GasGas has that special financing program also. It's called bring me the cash, or arrange your own! What a DEAL!

Kali, brutal is why you love me!!
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Strick (edited 04-17-2001).]

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
*william*, heck ya' it's a girl bike and that Shane Watts fella' is a girly man
wink.gif
(that's why he spanks everybody on bigger bikes right?).

Speedy, 250 huh? Heck I'll make ya' a smokin' deal on a super sweet 360 that should have PLENTY for ya'. Plus it's already been to see Dr. Wilkey and fell in the Carbon Fiber vat.
wink.gif

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
Great choice, FC! My buddy's got that bike (while I have the 400) and it's sweet. If it weren't for the e-button on my scoot that would probably be my choice. The light weight and power spread are hard to beat.

------------------

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by PTCruiser:
Great choice, FC! My buddy's got that bike (while I have the 400) and it's sweet. If it weren't for the e-button on my scoot that would probably be my choice. The light weight and power spread are hard to beat.

I'm with PTCruiser, I would have definitely chose the 200 if it had the e-button. I can relate to your excitement, I still haven't gotten over mine even though I finally got my KTM. All I can think about is when is the next time I can ride. Congratulations!

------------------
'01 KTM M/XC400 (My bike)
'00 Yamaha TTR225 (My old lead sled, but new night rider/camp hopper & pit vehicle)
'00 Honda CR250 (Hubby's bike)
AMA D37

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Strick:
Oh yeah, GasGas has that special financing program also. It's called bring me the cash, or arrange your own! What a DEAL!

What's wrong with that? It's the same deal everybody get's when they buy something from me!
wink.gif

VISA, MC, AMEX & DISC accepted...NOT!

------------------
'98 GasGas EC250
'01 Sponsors: me, myself, I

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Strick:
Firecracker, I knew you had class from the first time I saw you at Q's
tongue.gif

Strick, you're not making fun of my leopard print shirt and tattoo, are you? I LIKE that shirt.

I think I'm going to tempt fate and buy new graphics and plastic--though it'll be nice to have lights, I don't want to run them all the time. More stuff to break off, ya know. I'm looking at Acerbis silver plastic and CEET Apex graphics: very pretty. It'll be so pretty, I won't want to ride it . . . YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!

------------------

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
IT’S ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!! I pick up my bike, graphics, plastic and all new gear next Wednesday! This is WAY worse than waiting for Santa. But a much better present. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I may have to attend the NW spodefest after all. Congrats FC!! Post pics when available.

------------------

Top Bottom