fcdriver

Nov 3, 2007
hey guys hows it going im new to the forum and was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on where and what to ride as a beginner, im 20 i have absolutely no experience on a dirt bike and i live in Roselle illinois just outside of schaumburg so if any of you guys can offer some tips tricks or anything of use to me please let me know.
Thanks
Rich

DirtDemon22

Nov 17, 2007
Hey Rich.
There isn't many places to ride around where I live. Theres a few tracks here and there but thats pretty much it. I live in Illinois as well, up by Chicago area. Crystal Lake to be exact. Theres a track and trails in Rockford called Rocky Glen OHV park. It isn't much but its good enough for me.

And for a bike to start on I couldn't really tell you. I'm only 15 but i started riding when i was 10 on a 1976 Yamaha yz80. It mostly depends on what kind of riding you want to get into. I know a lot of people that just ride on trials and dont really do much track riding. I started out like that but soon Im getting a new racing bike. If your looking for a trail bike, I would definitely go with a four stroke. I have rode a Yamaha yz125, which is a two stroke, and that front end was hard to keep on the ground when picking up speed.

So it mostly depends on the kind of riding you plan to do.

I hope I helped you out a little bit.

Brandon.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hi Rich - welcome to DRN. Check out this thread about posting some more info, so we can help on the "what bike" situation. You can answer these questions in the "What bike do I get" forum and we can try to offer suggestions and advice.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=108916

As for riding in Illinois, there are a lot of motocross tracks, and a handful of offroad riding parks too. Just depends on what type of riding you're looking to do, how far you want to travel, etc.

Top Bottom