CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okay lately I have noticed a trend on the locals bikes. There is usually the smallest ding on the lower fork tube. I don't even know if they are worthy of a repair because usally it just looks so small that it could be a metal flaw and you cannot really feel it with your fingernail if at all. So is this normal? I looked over my bike last night and couldn't see anything, so I got the flash light directly on the tube and I could see just 1 tiny flek on each tube at almost the same spot. About 3 inches down from the dust seal, I don't really have fingernails long enough to check (I keep catching the skin on my finger) but im pretty sure you can't even feel these.
So is this normal? Is this a cause for concern, and should the odd little ding happen in normal riding conditions? Like I said you can't feel these and if you can it's small enough that I just cannot even tell if my nail is catching (did that make sense?) Maybe it's just me being paranoid but im just checking.

thanks!

moto242

Dec 3, 2001
you should be ok
sounds kinda odd that they are in the same spot on more than just your bike- from all i've heard, you shouldnt have a problem until you start noticing premature seal loss

and hey, is it only one model bike or a slew of em ? somebody may have recognized the same stuff .
i know i saw a lot of CR250's last year with a dull spot on the tube, but not RM125s---mabey same kinda deal???idunno

Last edited:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Thanks!
Well I wouldn't say they are exactly in the same place, but they are close. It's weird, I have never noticed them before (maybe it's because it's the first time I took a flash light to the tubes. My seal did leak after a year of riding the bike, but I think that is normal considering I never even read Jer's seal care guide. (I never took care of them :( )
My friends think im being picky and anal. I mean for all I know these could have always been there,
I was just kind of wondering if others have noticed the smallest ding or some kind of nick that is just considered normal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom