Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tin Roof Sundae
Hang on just a minute! EVERYONE knows Rocky Road is the GICOAT!!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Mxrider26x said:
Maybe, but I'm not counting on it. Reed dominated the 125s just as much as RV does..

Reed was already an Austrialian pro 250 champ, and dropped back to 125s.. He wasn't still just learing the pro ranks and probably should have gone straight to 250s..

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
Does anyone still believe Chad would have won the '04 title if RC or JBS had raced that year? RC and JBS are clearly a step ahead of Chad in speed.

If I'm not mistaken he could of had the 05 title too if not for the illegal fuel penalty. As far as JS giving RC more room than CR is because he knows RC will flat park him somewhere in the stands.

Steve

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
XRpredator said:
uh, Stewart lost the SX Lites title his first year to Travis Preston. I believe Villopoto is right in line with Stewart as far as titles won at this point in his career.

Stewart lost THREE 125 nationals and he entered 31. RV has already lost 9. Stewart was a freak, and he smoked everyone. RV only wins his races by an average of 5 seconds.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Mxrider26x said:
Stewart lost THREE 125 nationals and he entered 31. RV has already lost 9. Stewart was a freak, and he smoked everyone. RV only wins his races by an average of 5 seconds.
Stewart wasn't racing against Alessi

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Pred and Okie you guys are showing your age.
Peter Faulk :think:
Conrad Dobler :think:

O.K. I agree that after this year when JBS wins the two titles (WSX,AMASX) the flood gates will open and he will continue to rack up the titles just like RC.

Also as far as this outdoor nonsense, do you haters actually think JBS is going to slow down outdoors. I think that without a mechanical or anyone pushing him he may even match the perfect season in MX. RC did because no one was close enough to cause him to wad it up and his bike was damn good.
JBS is in the same position as far as competition goes, so baring a breakdown, it is realistic. :nener:

Also on this nobody trains harder stuff, I think alot of these guys train much harder than most people see. We judge there training by there results and thats not really a true measure to there commitment. I have said this before, I have seen K-dub train and watched him practice and the guy is amazing, yet on race day he seems to be average. So what seperates him from a JBS,RC or CR? Is it that he has kids to think about? Maybe worried about ending up like Fonz or Bailey? Mental Drive? I don't know the answer, but after watching his preperation in person I don't what else the guy could do.
With that in mind that makes JBS and RC very special. :cool:

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Philip said:
Pred and Okie you guys are showing your age.
Peter Faulk :think:
Conrad Dobler :think:

O.K. I agree that after this year when JBS wins the two titles (WSX,AMASX) the flood gates will open and he will continue to rack up the titles just like RC.

Also as far as this outdoor nonsense, do you haters actually think JBS is going to slow down outdoors. I think that without a mechanical or anyone pushing him he may even match the perfect season in MX. RC did because no one was close enough to cause him to wad it up and his bike was damn good.
JBS is in the same position as far as competition goes, so baring a breakdown, it is realistic. :nener:

Also on this nobody trains harder stuff, I think alot of these guys train much harder than most people see. We judge there training by there results and thats not really a true measure to there commitment. I have said this before, I have seen K-dub train and watched him practice and the guy is amazing, yet on race day he seems to be average. So what seperates him from a JBS,RC or CR? Is it that he has kids to think about? Maybe worried about ending up like Fonz or Bailey? Mental Drive? I don't know the answer, but after watching his preperation in person I don't what else the guy could do.
With that in mind that makes JBS and RC very special. :cool:
Reed is very unlikely to ride outdoors but the question is RC riding this outdoor season? :think:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Red Mamba said:
Reed is very unlikely to ride outdoors but the question is RC riding this outdoor season? :think:

Reed is most definitely riding outdoors, part time in Australia but he's still riding :whoa: . RC is doing 6 nats and the MXdN.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Chili said:
Reed is most definitely riding outdoors, part time in Australia but he's still riding :whoa: . RC is doing 6 nats and the MXdN.

He is also going to do some testing Australias version of NASCAR.

From Racer X:

EJ caught up with Chad Reed yesterday to talk about all things supercross, James and Ricky, and even the 250F troops. With all of the talk about RC’s Talladega transition, many people have forgotten that this is what Chad wants to do as well, only in Australia’s version of stock car racing. Last fall, Reed drove a Holden Commodore Australian V8 Supercar (the Holden’s power-to-weight ratio is very close to a Nextel Cup car).

“I loved it. I thought it was awesome,” said Reed. “To be honest, I’m more excited about that than just about anything. It was so much fun. As soon as supercross is over and my obligations here are fulfilled, I’m going to go right back home [to Australia] to do another test. The team I’m working with—and I’m in with one of the best teams—has a two-day test set up for me.

"I guess my situation is a lot like Ricky Carmichael’s. The guy involved with the team I’m working with is a big moto fan and offered me a deal to drive the car and be there with me when I’m driving to tell me when I’m too fast or too slow in certain sections.”

To check out the whole interview, click here.

Top Bottom