no ring-a-ding ding in the country

robj

Oct 31, 2000
Hey you lucky riders, hope you enjoy your weekend rides. Here in UK all form of off road sport has been cancelled till further notice, probably at least two more months. Trail riding and practising have also been stopped. We're in the grip of foot and mouth disease, which is wiping out farmers quicker than their animals. (The ban is to stop the spread and out of respect to the farmers). Basically the countryside has been closed down. Every bike is sitting in a shed covered in light oil. Maybe it's time to do the decorating and fix that door...

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I'll commiserate with you; I broke my arm new year's eve and still can't ride. And I bought a new bike that just sits in the garage! The horror!!!

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well maybe if you guys used some tooth paste and foot powder....
tongue.gif

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

robj

Oct 31, 2000
Hi Kalitude, you're right. It is a small island. I have a small house too. Plus a 50 minute drive to somewhere to practice (sick farm animals permitting). Still want to swap?
smile.gif

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Hey Kali, I just saw your TTR site for the first time, very cool!
cool.gif
We were thinking of getting one for my wife, but I think even the L model is too small (she's 5'10"). Maybe and XR200, anything will be better 4 her than that TTR225, it's too heavy.

BTW, I was in love with that Honda Hawk many years ago. I almost bought a street bike...

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

meangrn

Jun 3, 1999
I guess I am a little behind on this cow disease.I am left sitting here wondering though.How does dirtbiking effect this at all?I mean unless you are riding through their pasture and thats not much fun anyway.
I am not making light of this,I just dont understand thats all.

robj

Oct 31, 2000
The official line is that Foot and Mouth is a contageous virus that's harmful to farm animals but not people. It's a pretty tough germ that can transfer onto most things and survive a while. Seeing as most UK events are run on farmland, the bikes can pick up contaminated mud and drop it off at the next venue that you race at (maybe the other end of the country) They're trying to stop it spreading any further but it's not working so far. It's giving me chance to fettle a few things on the Husky. Just put some high Ohiro taper bars on but can't get out to see how they feel. Patience...
(kaliT are you thinking cottage or castle?)

Top Bottom