Not really on my bucket list......

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
As of 6:00 PM Eastern, January 10,2012, Mully aka "me", age 52, is now a college student. So some 33 years later I have actually started the process to get my bach degree.

Warning: This was caused by thinking I could take a semester off before going back. Results were: found a good paying job, got caught (married), had kids, then d-vorced, no money, then everything evened out. Some break ..... :whoa:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if everything evened out your ahead of the curve!!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
You can do it. Good luck. As a friend told me when I started night law school when I was 31, "you can live the next four years and either have a degree at the end of it or not; but either way, those four years are going to come and go."
Earlier this week, I decided to take a couple of college courses at the local community college. (gonna eventually get a music degree for no reason except I like learning--never thought I'd ever say that when I was younger). I am a much-younger-than-you 50 now. And I forgot what a TOTAL PIA it is to wait in line and register and enroll in school. YUCK. Didn't miss that at all.
My experience in law school, when I was about 8 years older than most students, is that adult students tend to try harder and apply themselves more because you realize what is really at stake.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Contrats! No Toga parties till you graduate!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Mully said:
As of 6:00 PM Eastern, January 10,2012, Mully aka "me", age 52, is now a college student. So some 33 years later I have actually started the process to get my bach degree.

funny, i'm 52 and just went around this week getting my transcripts together so i could go back too. i'm missing too many opportunities for promotion because i don't have it.

i have 94 hours. i'll be going at night or online or both. i'm looking at a bach in business. my background/coursework is engineering but business would be the quickest/easiest to get and would be just as applicable.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
i was thinnin abot doin that carlege thing. then i amembered i dont need no more skoolin.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Did you get covered in snow, Wes?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
BSWIFT said:
Did you get covered in snow, Wes?
There was some snow a few days before Christmas. But nothin to speak of lately. Why, have you heard something I should know?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom