Not sure if Reno is true desert riding or not?

Kokanee

Subscriber
We have gone to Reno 2 years in a row, and it just isn't what my impression of desert riding would have been. No cactus,no vultures,and no lack of water.I did see a bleached cow skull lat year though.just not sure....is this true desert riding? IT must be because last year I am positive that I saw a Camel toe... :rotfl:

Attachments

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
Ha Ha! That pic is classic!

'Desert riding' is a pretty broad category. Wet desert + cool temps = Mmmm Mmmm Good. If you want cactus and vultures, go about 400 miles south of Reno in August. The only camel you will be interested in is a camelback (extra large).

pinball

Sponsoring Member
He may as well take up singing `cause he sure can`t play hockey!!

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
pinball said:
What is this 'hockey' thing you speak of? Is it a game of some sort? Must be something those frozen Canadians came up with.

Brian

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Definition .."Hockey"....A game a bunch of frozen and drunk Canadians came up with to entertain themselves with untill riding season started again.Then proceeded to entertain the rest of the world with it,although some people just can`t grasp the concept!(no names though,they know who they are)!

Kokanee

Subscriber
NVR FNSH said:
What is this 'hockey' thing you speak of? Is it a game of some sort? Must be something those frozen Canadians came up with.

Brian
I was watching a fight one night and a hockey game broke out. :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Welcome Wagon
N. Texas SP
pinball said:
As tight as it looks he could be on the Sopranos as a soprano :yikes:

Pinball ... you better be there or we are going to make up stories about you. :nener:

Kokanee: I'm from your area as well-How long a drive is it to reno (hr's/ miles) My group of middle aged biker bud's goes to the Baja a couple of trips a year on our thomas school bus/motorhome conversion.It's 40 hr's of driving 1 way to get to san felipe b.c. mexico. I'm intrested in some shorter trips that we can take our kid's along on for some desert riding.

Kokanee

Subscriber
Cactusreid, where are you in BC?We are in Penticton with a bunch of guys up in Westbank.From Penticton we are about 18 hours driving, towing an RV.My wife and I are planning on going,and if you are interested send me a PM.

Tony Eeds

Welcome Wagon
N. Texas SP
cactusreid said:
Kokanee: I'm from your area as well-How long a drive is it to reno (hr's/ miles) My group of middle aged biker bud's goes to the Baja a couple of trips a year on our thomas school bus/motorhome conversion.It's 40 hr's of driving 1 way to get to san felipe b.c. mexico. I'm intrested in some shorter trips that we can take our kid's along on for some desert riding.
You gotta come! The more the merrier and as Kokanee said ... much closer. Just be sure to tell the snow to stay north of the border as us suthern boys don't understand what to do with it except put it in drinks.

It is desert in the sense that there are wide open spaces and no fences. We rode 30+ miles in one direction last year before turning around. There are miles and miles of trails within only a few miles of where everyone camps.

Motoslushies alone are worth the drive. :yeehaw:

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Pinball ... you better be there or we are going to make up stories about you. :nener:[/QUOTE]

Noooo...! The last thing I need is more stories!

It looks like work has a heavy schedule for me this February with storefront renovations and 2 R.V. shows so I don`t think i can go this year.Besides,Kokanee is g_y! :nener: