Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
We have gone to Reno 2 years in a row, and it just isn't what my impression of desert riding would have been. No cactus,no vultures,and no lack of water.I did see a bleached cow skull lat year though.just not sure....is this true desert riding? IT must be because last year I am positive that I saw a Camel toe... :rotfl:

Attachments

• eddie4.jpg
    eddie4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 346

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ha Ha! That pic is classic!

'Desert riding' is a pretty broad category. Wet desert + cool temps = Mmmm Mmmm Good. If you want cactus and vultures, go about 400 miles south of Reno in August. The only camel you will be interested in is a camelback (extra large).

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
pinball said:
He may as well take up singing `cause he sure can`t play hockey!!

What is this 'hockey' thing you speak of? Is it a game of some sort? Must be something those frozen Canadians came up with.

Brian

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Definition .."Hockey"....A game a bunch of frozen and drunk Canadians came up with to entertain themselves with untill riding season started again.Then proceeded to entertain the rest of the world with it,although some people just can`t grasp the concept!(no names though,they know who they are)!

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
NVR FNSH said:
What is this 'hockey' thing you speak of? Is it a game of some sort? Must be something those frozen Canadians came up with.

Brian
I was watching a fight one night and a hockey game broke out. :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
pinball said:
He may as well take up singing `cause he sure can`t play hockey!!

As tight as it looks he could be on the Sopranos as a soprano :yikes:

Pinball ... you better be there or we are going to make up stories about you. :nener:

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
Kokanee: I'm from your area as well-How long a drive is it to reno (hr's/ miles) My group of middle aged biker bud's goes to the Baja a couple of trips a year on our thomas school bus/motorhome conversion.It's 40 hr's of driving 1 way to get to san felipe b.c. mexico. I'm intrested in some shorter trips that we can take our kid's along on for some desert riding.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Cactusreid, where are you in BC?We are in Penticton with a bunch of guys up in Westbank.From Penticton we are about 18 hours driving, towing an RV.My wife and I are planning on going,and if you are interested send me a PM.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
cactusreid said:
Kokanee: I'm from your area as well-How long a drive is it to reno (hr's/ miles) My group of middle aged biker bud's goes to the Baja a couple of trips a year on our thomas school bus/motorhome conversion.It's 40 hr's of driving 1 way to get to san felipe b.c. mexico. I'm intrested in some shorter trips that we can take our kid's along on for some desert riding.

You gotta come! The more the merrier and as Kokanee said ... much closer. Just be sure to tell the snow to stay north of the border as us suthern boys don't understand what to do with it except put it in drinks.

It is desert in the sense that there are wide open spaces and no fences. We rode 30+ miles in one direction last year before turning around. There are miles and miles of trails within only a few miles of where everyone camps.

Motoslushies alone are worth the drive. :yeehaw:

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pinball ... you better be there or we are going to make up stories about you. :nener:[/QUOTE]

Noooo...! The last thing I need is more stories!

It looks like work has a heavy schedule for me this February with storefront renovations and 2 R.V. shows so I don`t think i can go this year.Besides,Kokanee is g_y! :nener:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
pinball said:
Besides, Kokanee is g_y! :nener:

:yikes: Can YOU say that here?

Weather is looking good over the next ten days, let's hope it is the start of a string.

Monday:
Sunrise: 7:17 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:02 pm Moonrise: 11:31 am Phase: First Quarter Moonset: 12:32 am

Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 49F. Winds light and variable.

Monday night:
Mostly cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy late. Low 27F. Winds light and variable.
49 °F 27 °F
9°C -3°C

Tuesday:
Sunrise: 7:16 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:03 pm Moonrise: 11:57 am Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 1:37 am

Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 20s.
51 °F 29 °F
10°C -2°C

Wednesday:
Sunrise: 7:16 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:04 pm Moonrise: 12:27 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 2:41 am

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 30s.
60 °F 32 °F
15°C 0°C

Thursday:
Sunrise: 7:15 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:06 pm Moonrise: 1:02 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 3:44 am

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 30s.
56 °F 31 °F
13°C -1°C

Friday:
Sunrise: 7:15 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:07 pm Moonrise: 1:44 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 4:45 am

Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the low 30s.
58 °F 30 °F
14°C -2°C

Saturday:
Sunrise: 7:14 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:08 pm Moonrise: 2:33 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 5:41 am

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 30s.
54 °F 30 °F
12°C -2°C

Sunday:
Sunrise: 7:13 am UV Index: 3, Moderate Sunset: 5:09 pm Moonrise: 3:28 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 6:30 am

Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the upper 20s.
54 °F 29 °F
12°C -2°C

Monday:
Sunrise: 7:13 am UV Index: 3, Moderate Sunset: 5:10 pm Moonrise: 4:28 pm Phase: Full Moonset: 7:12 am

More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 30s.
50 °F 30 °F
10°C -2°C

Tuesday:
Sunrise: 7:12 am UV Index: 2, Low Sunset: 5:11 pm Moonrise: 5:30 pm Phase: Waning Gibbous Moonset: 7:48 am

Partly Cloudy
49 °F 30 °F
9°C -2°C

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Tony Eeds said:
:yikes: Can YOU say that here?

Pinball is just jelous that i'm taking my wife this year instead of him.Besides who would let work get in the way of riding?I think he is just a bedwetting whiner :nener:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Hey Keith, what day are you planning on heading out?
I might make the last minute call to drop what I'm doing and go, maybe we can caravan.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Hey Cam it looks like I am out. My boss has to fly out east for a family emergency and we are short staffed as it is so I lost my vacation time.If you want to hook up and ride send me a PM. We are planning a trip to Kamllops to ride greenstone and could meet you there.Let me know.

Top Bottom