ricky1

Jan 18, 2000
When riding off camber/sidehills should I weight the downhill peg?

Thanks

------------------
Rick Fuller

'00 YZ426
  '81 490 MAICO

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yes, weight the down hill peg. I hate off cambers but they can be mastered with smooth throttle and clutch control. Look for a rut or something for your wheels to catch on and don’t make any aggressive moves or you will slide out.

Good luck

------------------
Did I do the double?
Ah,um...Sure did. I was right behind you!
My Pictures

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
wieghting the outside peg is only part of the trick. you should amplify your whole body weight so that you are "pushing down" on the bike as you go around an off camber corner. throttle control is critical and added weight to the nose is needed to.
main thing in a corner like that don't be afraid to lay the bike into the corner as your pushing down, but make darn sure you keep your knees out from under the bars in case you wash the front end.

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
When traversing an off camber surface, uphill, downhill, or straight across, you weight the downhill peg AND lean the bike into the hill. This helps it bite and also fights the bike's natural tendency to go down the grade.

When making a turn on a off-camber grade, you will weight the inside to get the bike to start to turn across the hill, then shift your weight to the outside as described above. Same for getting it to turn on up the hill - give it a little uphill peg to get it to turn up.

TexKDX.

[This message has been edited by TexKDX (edited 03-25-2001).]

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
TexKDX: Ditto.
When I used to ride off-cambers, and sidehills, I would always make the mistake of leaning into the hill without weighting the outside peg. Ive since become very comfortable countering the hill side of the bike while giving a good amount of weight to the outside peg.
Really awesome when your digging in and getting good traction. :D

------------------
2001 WR426F
"Wherever you are, be there."

Top Bottom