Official: Alex Ray To Fill In at Monster Energy Yamaha

R

RacerX

Yamaha officially announced today that Alex Ray will fill in for the injured Cooper Webb on the Monster Energy Factory Yamaha team. Ray, who was on a supercross-only deal with CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha, will spend the next two weeks testing with the team before making his debut at round two at Glen Helen. He will continue riding with the team through High Point, at which time it will be a week-by-week assessment until Webb makes his return.

“It’s a dream come true to even be considered to ride for the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory Racing Team,” Ray said in a statement. “I believe that with this great team and amazing bike, I can really do some damage and have solid results in the Pro Motocross Championship. I’ve got some testing to do with the bike before lining up, but I’m confident that we will be super comfortable leading into Glen Helen.”

Webb is on the mend after fracturing his tibia and fibula in Minneapolis earlier this year. He underwent surgery to have a plate and screws put in.

“At first the injury didn’t seem like a big deal, but after flying to California and visiting Dr. Wong, he recommended I get surgery to speed up the healing process,” Webb said in a…

Continue reading...

Top Bottom