h125mx

Sep 24, 2007
i have a 2002 honda cr125, just bought it for a couple hundred dollars. i need to change the oil,....i was wondering how much oil do you put back into the crank case after you drain it all out? and where is the screw that you pull out to check and see if its full?

thanks in advance

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Do yourself a favor and go get a service manual. There is a lot more difficult maintenance procedures than changing the oil. Generally bikes take about 650-750ml of trans oil. There may be a bolt you can remove to see if it's full. The manual will show you where it is, and tell you how much oil to use, and give you a torque spec for the drain plug and check bolt. Some bikes have the capacity stamped in one of the cases.

h125mx

Sep 24, 2007
ok, i just ordered one from ****. was only like 28 dollars. but i think for now i should be good if i just put in like 750 ml of oil. cause a little to much ain't bad right?

motorbikemike

Dec 3, 2007
theres a screw right on the side that you un screw a little when measuring the oil level, when it stops coming out then its right.
the manual says it all!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
motorbikemike said:
theres a screw right on the side that you un screw a little when measuring the oil level, when it stops coming out then its right.
the manual says it all!

Be careful with using the weep hole. When you pour oil in it will seep out so you need to make sure that you give the oil plenty of time to settle before you check the wheep hole.

Otherwise you could end up with some bad things in the lower end... don't ask how I know :(

Ivan

Top Bottom