Oil Still Squirting Out of Exhaust

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
I've posted this thread before but still have not found the problem finding out what the problem is with my bike. It's been squirting a lot of oil out of the exhaust. It runs real well but there is a lot of unburnt oil coming out. I was told to get on the throttle more, but when I did, more oil just kept coming out. I use a 32:1 oil mixture on it because the manual said to. The jetting in the carb is set to what the manual said and when I changed the setting of the jet 1 knotch down to lean it out but it didn't run as well as it did when the jetting was where the manual said it was supposed to be. It has a fairly new Top End in it with only about 12 hours on it. Did anyone else have this kind of problem? Can someone PLEASE help me out? :(

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
All my YZ's have spewed at the silencer and header/silencer connection. You can tweak it with the jetting, but I live with it, it's not going to be as bad as running too lean.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
I don't know what to say here because my bikes run really clean, I use 'Golden Spectro' which is a synthetic and at a ratio of 50:1. Always good running for the last twenty plus years.

Last edited:

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Try Golden Spectro @ 50:1, (12oz bottle to five gallons gas) and see if runs cleaner. My guess is it will. Clean all the drool off before the test. :nod:

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
anyone know how I can get the oil out of the combustion chamber (I think that it's called) Do I just squirt some de-greaser in? Or stick a hose in it and spray away?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mg89 said:
anyone know how I can get the oil out of the combustion chamber (I think that it's called) Do I just squirt some de-greaser in? Or stick a hose in it and spray away?

I don't think either is a good idea, that is if yor are talking about the cylinder.

If you are talking about the pipe... Expansion chamber (part connected to the cylinder) I'd take it completely off of the bike and use some engine degreaser and a garden hose, and make sure it is DRY before reinstalling. Then I'd repack the silencer and clean the insides of it real well before putting it all back together.

Unless you want all sorts of problems don't "stick a hose in it and spray away" while the pipe is on the bike..

ggurney

Sep 28, 2006
My opinion, Stay at 32:1, replace your head pipe gasket and repack your silencer. Do it all over again when it leaks. You cant go wrong with factory specs.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
ggurney said:
My opinion, Stay at 32:1, replace your head pipe gasket and repack your silencer. Do it all over again when it leaks. You cant go wrong with factory specs.

I don't know if I could just keep replacing stuff when it leeks because everytime I go out and ride it leeks. This morning I repacked the silencer and squirted all the oil out of the chamber and 1 hour after I started riding it stareted to leek again.

ggurney

Sep 28, 2006
Well, check with your local shop or dealer. find out if you can run a hotter plug, maybe your not burning all the fuel. Other than that I would just letter rip, and know that your cylinder and exhaust valve is plenty lubercaded. Besides, nobody want's to be seen with a trailer queen.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
mg89,
You never did say what oil you were using now. I still say go with Golden Spectro. I've been using it since 1980. I swear buy the stuff. :nod:

http://www.spectro-oils.com/gsdata.htm

You may also try dropping your slide needle a notch in the carb. Watch you engine temp and performance. I like running on the rich side in my bikes, and dropping the needle will lean your mixture.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
The oil I used to use was maxima K2 2-stroke because when I bought the bike the guy who owned it last gave me the oil, and that was back in April. I started using Klotz Benol 2 Cycle Racing Castor in August and it's still the same problem.
The needle clip in the carb is at the 4th notch, where the book said it was supposed to be.
I think it's just not burningn all the gas or something because the dirty oil does look like there is gas in it because it seems like more oil is squirting out than what I have put in, and it's not really thick like it should be. I guess I'll try to put a hotter plug in.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Just re-read your OP

mg89 said:
I've posted this thread before but still have not found the problem finding out what the problem is with my bike. It's been squirting a lot of oil out of the exhaust. It runs real well but there is a lot of unburnt oil coming out. I was told to get on the throttle more, but when I did, more oil just kept coming out. I use a 32:1 oil mixture on it because the manual said to. The jetting in the carb is set to what the manual said and when I changed the setting of the jet 1 knotch down to lean it out but it didn't run as well as it did when the jetting was where the manual said it was supposed to be. It has a fairly new Top End in it with only about 12 hours on it. Did anyone else have this kind of problem? Can someone PLEASE help me out? :(

If you meant that you lowered the clip one notch down on the slide needle, then you actually made it one step richer.(by raising the needle)

250Roach

Jun 19, 2006
Clean your head over the winter with Gunk S-C, its a super concentrate cleanser, use a brass bristle brush to clean out your power valve. Then when your ready to assemble, run the Golden Spectro 50:1 or you can get AMSOIL and run it 75:1. (You may need to repack your silencer).

02rm250

Uhhh...
Sep 25, 2006
I agree with 250 roach, espacially on the power valve. While youre in to it, check the crank bearings/seals. If youre getting tranny oil in the crank, it will push it through as it doesnt burn well. You should see a drop in the oil level if this is the case. Jetting is a huge issue with 2 smokes. You may think your bike runs great, but it may actually be too rich. If you dont feel comfortable jetting it yourself take it to a professional, its well worth the money!

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
MG89,

Don't try a hotter plug. Sounds like rejetting will solve your problem. As long as your engine is in good shape. Most manufacturers jet their bikes very rich from the factory. Post your current jetting, plug type, pipe, intake block/reed type. Members with a similar bike can give you some baseline setting as a starting point. Most 125's like 32:1 and a BR9EG. As said before, pick your oil/fuel ratio, then re-jet. It's not terribly dificult.

Good luck, Steve.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
There was actually a spacer that went in with the spark plug, I took it out because when I was looking through the manual it didn't have the spacer in it. That could be the problem, so I put the spacer back in and I'm going to fier it up tomorrow after I get some gas for it. I do put 32:1 the jetting is set at 4, All I know about the spark plug is that it's a ngk.

Top Bottom