signguy

Feb 18, 2009
I just bought my first KDX 220 I love the bike. I awaiting the owners manual and mantiance manual for it now. The question I have is what type of oil is run in the crankcase and also the amount?

Thanks,
Jeff

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
I use a good quality synthetic blend (I change it often). Tranny calls for .7 liter. I fill so the sight glass is just covered (what ever that is). I use Golden Spectro Concentrate at 64:1. for premix. Been doing it this way since my first KDX back in '82. Good luck.

You're gonna hear a hundred different way others handle all this. Do what works for you. Rock on. :nod:

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
zeerx said:
I use a good quality synthetic blend (I change it often). :
Yep...and use a MOTORCYCLE oil.

zeerx said:
Tranny calls for .7 liter. :
Yepper.

zeerx said:
I fill so the sight glass is just covered
Yeppers.

signguy said:
The question I have is what type of oil is run in the crankcase and also the amount?
Actually, your two-stroke engine does not use any oil in the crankcase. It uses the oil that is referenced above in the gearbox. :nod:

theckeler

Feb 1, 2009
I put ATF Type F in mine, while I never got to actually run it, yet, from what I hear it works really well. Google "Craig’s KDX Page", and he has some info on it, think if I post a url it is against the rules.

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
I use Motul 8002T 44:1 in the engine and in the tranny I have used the Motul Gear Box oil (10W30) but I have also used just 10W40 Valvoline. Everything worked about the same it just saved me about $6. I put about 0.8L in the tranny which fills it just to the top of the glass....maybe a little higher.

abitiseb

Feb 19, 2009
I use 15w40 shell rotella oil with good success I did use motul 2t gear oil for some time but had hard time finding the neutral with it. I use Prolab SC80 synthetic oil at 40:1.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom