Ok guys thanks for all your input . The Magazine is out.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I grabbed a copy of the new dirtrider with the reviews and it sounds like they liked YOUR entry. I haven't had time to read all the articles but I was impressed with one theme in the article.

QUOTE from the Dirt Rider Magazine article:

I was honored to be chosen to test this bike. Not only because it was functional in every way intended, but after I scoured the message boards after testing I came away just as impressed with DRN's members and their unusual Internet attitudes. Not once did I find a smidgeon of smack talk toward any other bike throughout their threads on the project. Not once did I see an out-of-context remark blown out of proportion. No, as I lurked through their pages of content I felt like I was in an informative, mature meeting place where people could share their views and opinions- very rare in the internet world today. Other boards should take notice.

The Dirtrider.net/Service Honda CR500AFX is a bold blend of old and new, crazy and smart, Silly and functional. Sort of, I suppose, like the internet message board it came from. Good job DRN, you built a helluva bike out of what most people consider a dead horse, and you gained a new message board member: Me.

Written by Jesse Ziegler

Once again everyone on the board, thanks for showing what we truly are here at DRN :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sweet. A huge thumbs-up to all DRN'ers :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Welcome aboard Jesse.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey, How cool is that, DRN should be proud in more ways than one, top notch bike put together by a top notch website, run by a top notch owner and moderators. :cool: :cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Sounds Awesome :cool: can't wait to pick up a copy!!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I've been checking my mail box daily looking for the new issue.

I enjoyed watching the bikes come together at all of the sites involved.

There is no telling how many hours of my life I have wasted day dreaming and talking to riding buddies about what the perfect bike would be if money was no object.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Wow - a huge compliment! I am really proud of everyone in the DRN family!!! Nice work everyone. And thanks Aj, for building DRN a great bike (and for representing DRN as well as you did)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome! Great job everyone who was involved!

:aj:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dang the no delivery yet!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bless the delivery of scanned pages! Pretty awesome article and contrary to what I thought would happen it appears they were pretty straight forward in their comments. Just as the original intent was put forward the bikes were reviewed as a whole and not "against" each other in come kind of competition. They called the good and the bad of each and while it might not be the result everybody was hoping for it does seem to be an honest presentation of what they experienced.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
That is a great big, well deserved pat on the back for ya Okie! :cool:

I have no idea if my mag came I've been in scenic Detroit Lakes, MN for the last two weeks :whoa: :)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Great job to all that brought this together. I am wanting to get my hands on a copy of the mag also, but as usual, I am out here drilling a hole in the ground.

Moteaux! Your professional mud tester.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Finally got our copy today, great article. I have only read about the DRN bike. That was the first thing I read in the whole mag! Sweet looking bike. I would ride it if someone could start it for me! :laugh: Although it would kill me on the MX track.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
jwl said:
The TT crowd seem to be a little upset :yikes:
Yes it would appear that is the case, perhaps even a understatement. I can appriciate their frustration to some level but personally I can't relate to them trying to take it out on Jimmy Lewis by trying to spin some kind of tale about him riding on closed land. Obviously they are missing some key information that might make that rant a bit embarassing to some people.

Heck there was some misunderstanding or frustration when the bikes were delivered if I recall as it was also mentioned in the article.

Also attempting to create some justification or maybe place blame because the AFX read over 96dB seems to show some level of misunderstanding regarding how the enforcement is done. This link http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=136251 might help some folk understand it a little bit.

Overall I think it was a positive for all the sites involved but a lack of communication seems to have caused some reactions from day 1 to take place that might not really be fully based on facts.

Top Bottom