Ok guys thanks for all your input . The Magazine is out.

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
Man the Drama Public responce by the other site <--Link

Just FYI

Patman I appreciate your link and explain on the db/sound issue, I agree with it. I am in agreement with stealth 100%, I find the hardest to convince is our own community. Personally I see what is going on over there is reflective to the wrong side of the community and that is sad. Personal Opinion only

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
In case any DRN'ers feel the need to get involved in the firestorm over there, I sure can't stop you, but will respectly ask that any comments you make do NOT appear to be speaking for or on behalf of, DRN. We aren't going to get involved with that stuff, cool?

ArmPump

Mar 12, 2002
500AF test

Sweet read from an owner of a 2000 Service Honda 500 AF unit. I love my bike and would only get off it for a newer 500AF. The article points out what we www.CR500Riders.com folks knew all along!

Kudos!

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And about the sound ... we won't send a bike out next time (if there is a next time) without doing our own sound testing. While an exhaust sytem can come in at it's rated levels, when put on a specific bike there can be flux ... we will ensure our entry will come in below whatever the law requires (yes, the DRN AFX DID). In fact, we'll make a REAL effort to balance power and as little noise as possible. 92-94 dB should be the target.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
We aren't going to get involved with that stuff, cool?

Cool by me, I went over and read it and that was good enough for me

What was the deal about going OB on some trails , anybody know ??

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
Okiewan said:
Yeah, we know what went down but, we'll let JL respond to the whole thing, if he decides to, it's really not our place. They are ripping on a guy who spends a TON of time trying to do the right thing for our sport.

I agree
I apologies if I posted something I should not had, It was not my intent. I do not think I need to say anything about what is being posted, people can draw there own conclusion, it is pretty juvenile though.

Anyway, I have not read the article yet, I am looking forward to it, I am really interested in how the ktm guys did....

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
Okiewan said:
That wasn't aimed at you jwl... just a general comment.

Understood,
What I do not understand is this.
This is a shoot out (Invite) and this is being read by I assume 100 of thousands of readers (Subscribed Dirt Rider Mag)

Now a vast majority of these readers will venture off to said mentioned forums and read comments. I do not think I need to elaborate anymore.... ;)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
and we'll be ready for them :cool:

They can get a good pregame look at one forum and a good post game look on another :laugh:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
AJ rides it ;)

Top Bottom