ok im a newbie stupid question once again.sorry

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
um my silencer should i keep that packed ans if i do what does that stuff do?im racing moto-x,and like 3 hare scrambles that is it if that helps?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Keep the silencer freshly packed. It keeps your sound note down, and allows the exhaust to perform like it was designed to do.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
um ok thanks how do i go about doing this?its and 85 by the way?so yeah is theyre a certain way to do this?and do i buy a certain brand for my bike?or anything like that?does quality make a big difference?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It happens to be another one of those things covered in the Factory Honda Service Manual that you've been jerking me around on. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Patman said:
It happens to be another one of those things covered in the Factory Honda Service Manual that you've been jerking me around on. :)

No good deed .................. :rotfl:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I can't. I don't know the specifics of your bike. I do know that it's not that difficult on most exhaust systems. As patman eluded too, a factory honda service manual would be your best bet.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
-Remove the tail section of the exhaust.
-Remove the end cap.
-Slide the core out of canister.
-Remove old material.
-Clean perforations on core.
-Re-wrap core.
-Reinsert core to canister.
-Rivet end cap back in to place.
-Reinstall tail section.

For somebody that doesn't have any money you sure have a lot of money to spend on other stuff :laugh:

Before you send off another envelope that gets lost check in with me, because I may have sold the manual.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just keep in mind they will want paid as well :)

Top Bottom