Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'll have to check for a copy in da sto... I haven't bought a dirtbike mag in like 5-6 yrs. LOL

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Green Horn said:
I haven't bought a dirtbike mag in like 5-6 yrs. LOL

I cancelled all my subscriptions until Jimmy Lewis became editor of Dirt Rider. Actually worth reading now IMO.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Okiewan said:
I get two mags ... RacerX and DR . Jimmy Lewis was the reason for the new subscription, first for DR in many years.

Same here,the only two moto mags I bother with. Was actually going to let DR run out and not renew right around the time JL took over,worth reading now.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dang I hope my pony express rider has a fresh horse and got it to my place TODAY! Can hardly wait to read the article! Since I didn't really follow any of the other build ups it will be interesting to see if it's one of those everybody is a winner writeups or if they actually comment with both positive AND negative on each of the builds.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The brutal honesty is apparent especially in the opinion of 1 bike. Overall the reviews are middle of the road complimentary but the testers do acknowledge good and bad for the bikes they rode. In the end DRN shined through with an exceptional bike and the exceptional members we have.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well no mag in the mail yet :(

If it wasn't an everybody wins type of writeup I guess we'll see some sour grapes threads. I really think if for some strange reason the DRN bike had gotten ripped that it would have been more of a learning experience that we could have all used for the next time. Even as it is I'm sure there is room to improve.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
It is in the August issue.

The article has a few pages explianing the I-forum bike idea itself..
and then goes into about 5 pages on each bike entered, with details,specs, photos and ride impressions.
pretty cool!
very interesting article for sure!
Since i had the good fortune to see all the great bikes first hand, its a very good
overall view and background on them.
Jimmy had a great idea,
and big thanks to DRN , for the oppurtunity to build a bike for your entry.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
lol !! yea, now i'll need to get a new helmet right? ;)

That new one industries Bailey mxdesnations one, sure looks sweet..
(and has to smell better than my current one, 97 F at motoland(.com) the last race day..havnt opened the gear bag,.skeered to!! )

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I like the comment about how other websites should take notice of how clean and mature our website is. No smack talk, and very informative. Jimmy lewis said he was going to be our newest member> :cool:

As far as the comparison went, it really ended up being politically correct. :cool:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
jsned said:
I like the comment about how other websites should take notice of how clean and mature our website is. No smack talk, and very informative. Jimmy lewis said he was going to be our newest member> :cool:

As far as the comparison went, it really ended up being politically correct. :cool:

That was a good coment about this forum.

What happens to the bikes?? I imagine there is a huge waiting list for the DRN bike. That machine sounds liek it would be incredible.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
jsned said:

Just to accurate Jesse Ziegler said he was going to become our newest member.
The comment though rings true as the DRN members stood up and acted in a mature manner and I am sure will recieve and comment on the results in the same way
Thanks everyone

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I still didn't get the lastest issue :(

Top Bottom