Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
My friend the time grows near to the Spodefest. Last year due to a medical emergency the battle of the admins did not go down as planned but this year it is a sure thing. You and I on the track for a 5 to 10 lap moto. Winner gets bragging rights......Looser gets to clean the winners bike every day of te fest and admits who is his daddy.

I know it is not fair for me to pick on an old man but, I am coming off double knee surgery..... Are you in or are you a chicken?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This alone will be worth twice the price of admisson
tongue.gif
. That is if that youngun Thumper has the courage to drive up from Tejas this time around. Okie the honor of all us old guys is in your hands- throttle the Thumper

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
smile.gif

HEY and so it starts again!!!!!!

Hmm I am probably the only person that has ridden with both adminstraters when both were healthy and out to really ride.

Thump-with all his new engine work .. bad knees and recovery , but will surely still self proclaim that he is "sporty and athletic" ..LOL!

Okie- with the new CR500AF ride,faster laps at OT's and all new bee dodging tricks!
but getting UP there in years ! Can you say Senior class elgible?
tongue.gif

Classic OKies vs Texans?
Cant Ya'll just get along?
Everyone knows anything NORTH of Ten mile creek in Dallas is Dang Yankees and your both NORTH.

I think the battle may come down to the youthfull.. but hey ! Who REALLY knows?
( hehe I DO! )

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I'm gonna have to side with the sporty and athletic youthful guy. This week anyway.

Just because someone has 500cc of fire breathin dragon between their knees, does not mean they know how to use the power.

Hmmmm, atleast Okie has knees. Maybe I need to re think my position on this one.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okie, experience and trechery will do well for you in second place. As for me...I have desire, ambition and skill.

Thanks Aj and MXS...You two are smarter than Okiewuss gives you credit for.

Offroadr & Oldguy, I am ashamed of you....there is no need for kissing up to Okie on this one, let your true gut feelings be known and if your gut is telling you that Okie will win than you probably just have gas.
tongue.gif

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I feel a case of AF500 woopass comin on!!!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Hmmmm... the jury here is still out somewhat.

Track with jumps - the hand goes to Thumpy

Track with limited jumps and the skill is left to cornering - Okie. The one caveat is that Thump can work that part out over the summer.

I'll have to side with youth... that... and... well... Okie is a Yankee!
tongue.gif

I guess I'll go stand in the corner with Ivan The Cowerer.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ivan, Twin, move over. I'm going to have to side with my fellow Tejas buds here. I've never seen Thump ride but I think the snow has kept the Okster from dialing the behemoth and tuning his NAC NAC. If it's a 5 lap, it will be close. If it's 10 lap, I figure Okie will overshoot one of the step-ups and we'll be able to award him the flappin' fender from wrench.
To be fair this first one should be just the admins. Then the mods get to take on the admins the next day...

------------------
Success always occurs in private... Failure always occurs in full view.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Hmmm...Okiewan...or Okielost? I've never seen either one of ya ride. Based on 'tude alone, I gotta go with the old guy...er, the boss.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Okie da man! AF500, and "home" track advantage can't be beat!

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
You forget... many of us that are siding with Thump have ACTUALLY seen Okie ride.

I'll be nice and just say that Pokie taught his son how to be a good man but the speed did NOT filter down
tongue.gif

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
ooofff that was a slam!!!!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan:
Ah, but grasshopper... flopping over jumps is one thing, carving corners is how the race is won. I dare say Mr. Stump needs more than this summer to learn hang with me in the twisties.

Oh... I don't know... a little time with the likes of Shane or some other speedy fellow and he could hang with you. (a little insider info... and it's not that "blow smoke up your..." guy AJ.

You better start practicing cause you know Thump is worse than any pit bull when he sinks his teeth into something... and you know he is going to tenaciously pursue cornering improvement as well as anything else he can try and master in his limited riding time.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I'm hedging my bet on Okie. Them old guys have nasty ways of leveling the playing field. BTW Okie, Did you even ride last year.
smile.gif

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

[This message has been edited by bwalker (edited 03-20-2001).]

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thumpy - You seem to forget that Okie will have an entire summer of dicing with not one, but TWO YZFs under his belt once SF rolls around. Week in and week out with OT taking the fast outside sweeping lines on his 426, and me backing it in to the corners and shoving the YZF444 up the inside, Okie will have ample opportunity to know every possible way to get around and roost a blue bike. Better break out the kevlar vest there sporty, I think you're gonna need it.
eek.gif

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
that's a real pretty steed you have there, Okie. Hope you get the holeshot cause I bet Thump will be trying to bump some plastic in order to have bragging rights.

Patman's interview with Thump after the race:

PATMAN: Thump, what was the secret to your lapping Okie?

THUMP: He holeshotted me but then he slowed down on the step-up. Next thing I know I was landing right on him.

PATMAN: Okie, what happened out there?

OKIE: Well, I had such a lead on him through the small doubles I thought I could roll the step-up. I knew I could stuff him into any berm of my choice. I didn't expect some maniac to land a blue pig on me screaming "Remember the Red River Classic!"

PATMAN: There you have it folks! Thump believes the OU/Texas game was rigged and tried to exact vigilante justice. Now to our next race, featuring some guy in a sheeps costume on a CR chasing a mad russian over a trophy that looks like part of a highly modified rear fender from a YZ250.

------------------
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up!

[This message has been edited by slo' mo (edited 03-20-2001).]

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
Lucky for Okie, that pretty bike will be all clean come time for the fest. To actually get it dirty you have to be fast enough to keep up with someone who will be able to roost you
tongue.gif

Also, don't listen to Rich. He is a tightie-wearin homo
eek.gif

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I have a couple of SPECIAL moves planned for Ivan
smile.gif

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich:
......an entire summer of dicing with not one, but TWO YZFs

.....with OT taking the fast outside sweeping lines on his 426, and me backing it in to the corners and shoving the YZF444 up the inside.
eek.gif
Rich, you and OT both do things on purpose such as taking the fast line of backing in to corners...I on the otherhand am completely out of control and Nothing can prepare him for that.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Thump:
Rich, you and OT both do things on purpose

Thump - It's clear you've never seen me ride.
smile.gif

OT on the other hand IS Mr.Precise, and Pokey falls somewhere in between.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Never to leave my buddy Chump out in the cold me & Chase contemplate the odds of the the old slow Okiewas doing anything of significance on da track.

*Da Pic*

And rememebr Okie,

Originally posted by Okiewan:
Youthful delusions are no match for experience and trechery.

This is only true after nap time.

------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[This message has been edited by taraker (edited 03-20-2001).]

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Thump, will destroy Okie. (We had an agreement last summer, soft money campaign financing, ya know
wink.gif
). However, in the case that the Longhorn is beaten by the Sooner (Pretty likely when I look at it that way!) I'll be sure to get him a good room number at the hospital, maybe something like 6314 (wink, wink remember October!)

Actually, Thump how about you come ride my grasstrack for about a week before the Fest and we'll have you railing far beyond the capabilities of an aging rider on an overpowered, stiff back, desert bike.

wink.gif

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
When Pokie gets you out on the GP track tapped out in fifth, I'm guessing you'll blink first Thumpy
smile.gif

It's gonna be tough to explain how a guy twice your age, riding a bike half as big put a big 'ole Texas sized hurtin on you
smile.gif

I'll ask Gomer to only call you Sally when no one else is around
eek.gif

Top Bottom