David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
I've abandoned the excellent riding in Oklahoma (not by choice), to experience the riding on the island of Okinawa Japan.
I've experienced MAJOR drama getting a bike over here! :bang: I'll spare everyone the explanation...
Anyway, I've been on island for about 5 months and my bike should be here very soon. I know it's a long shot, but I figured there might be some DRNr's here with me.
If not, hopefully I can archive some good info for any military types that end up over here.
I'd love to hear from anyone on island. I'll follow up with some pix when I finally get to throw a leg over the bike.
Cheers,
Dave

VReal

Oct 13, 2008
How's it going, I just picked up a 99 RM125 a few weeks back. Me and my boys brought over 3 bikes from the states and this RM will make 4. There are a few places to ride here which are fun. I'm actually getting my boy ready to race in the kids group they have here. They just had some races on Sunday. There is a local track near Tori station to go, and a couple of trials around there also. Let me know when your bike arrives and I can give you some good directions on how to get there.

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
Sweet! How old are your boys? I have heard about a track north of Nago, but I haven't heard anything about the one near Tori. What base are you out of, and how long have you been on island?
I'm amazed/happy to get a response over here. I'd sure appreciate any point outs you can offer. I'd love to come watch your boys put down some laps while I'm waiting for my bike. My bike is suppose to be here in mid November. Shoot me an e-mail (yzdave@hotmail.com) the next time you guys go racing.
Thanks!
Dave

VReal

Oct 13, 2008
Im on Kadena and have about 3 years left here. I go TDY every so often. Like now I'm in Korea for a few weeks, but I get back next week. My boy that wants to race is 7 and they hold the races every other month. The next race will be 7 Dec. Once I get back I will shoot you an e-mail from my yahoo account with some pics of us riding.

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
We have a little less than 3 years here as well. My bike should be here before Thanksgiving. If so I'll definitely hit the race on 7 Dec! Will that be at the track North of Nago? I'll be looking forward to your e-mail. DRN strikes again.
Thanks!
Dave

asmith924

Jun 27, 2009
need help

So i've been on the island for about 3 months and got a few questions. My first question is where can i buy a bike over here and since im a marine and a E-2 i can't have a vehicle, what are my options? Please help me out, i need a bike

Top Bottom