Tony Troiut

Nov 9, 2022
Murphy, North Carolina
Hi, everyone! I'm Tony and I'm new here - but I have loved dirt bikes ever since my cousin got a used 85cc dirt bike that he never would teach me how to ride because I'm mildly disabled with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus. However, I think I've got my parents talked into letting me get a bike - even though I'm 46 years old and I would be a first-time rider. As long as the bike is a well-loved and beloved 2-stroke, it doesn't matter what make. LOL

Thank you for letting me join. I hope I'll learn a bit more about bikes while I'm here or someone will teach me.

Thanks,
Tony Trout

maico490

Dec 23, 2022
Thanks
I am 65 still enjoy riding,
Along with bringing dirtbikes back life.
Presently a 1984 red kdx 200

Attachments

• 20221220_162015.jpg
    20221220_162015.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 16

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks
I am 65 still enjoy riding,
Along with bringing dirtbikes back life.
Presently a 1984 red kdx 200
Passing through 60 and still love my bike. Old injuries stalling my riding plans. Currently recovering from elbow surgery.
The KDX is a far cry from a Maico 490, lol.

daves250400

Jan 12, 2023
Take a second to introduce yourself with a new post in this section of the forums.

Having Joined the site, you now have access to all the forums, the search function and many other forum tools that will make your time here more productive.

Be sure to look over the email options in your profile ... we don't send out "newsletters" and the like, we don't sell your email address, we don't gather info to sell to marketers ... you have full control over what info you provide and what email notifications you receive. Privacy matters.

If you have any questions about using the forum, or anything else for that matter, don't be afraid to ask. If you feel like something could be done better around here, we're always open to suggestions!

Welcome to DRN!
Hello all, just joined thank you. Previous new bikes-73 DT3 250, 75 MX 400B Yamahas. Now looking into kdx200. Rear suspension parts appear to not be available anymore. Looking at a 88 kdx200 and a 04 kdx200. Parts availability is most important. Thoughts?? Thanks

Apr 10, 2023
Hey... New member is right!
Cop this and thanks for reading.

To start with, pre apologies for foot in mouth syndrome or something; I've never been a member of anything other than Facebook! Soz...

So, I know I'm gonna screw something up. Anyway, I'm just a Mum who wants to give her kids the opportunity that I wanted and wasn't allowed because I was a 'girl'!
I've got a couple of dirtbikes, not pit, I know that much!

I'm looking to learn as much as I can.

At this stage I just take them out bush, jump on and ride around. Well we putt around the place on our own. I know sweet FA other than people are shit, dogs are grouse and I want to do the right thing for the kids.

I love taking them out and am too self conscious to go to the local MX club here! I'm from Shepp and hate every minute of this shit hole that's why I won't go!

I bought old bangers to start with, but the ex helped himself to the Kawasaki's (one has been knocked off twice now!) and the cops don't care, so the Yamaha was all that's left. I recently got two newer bikes and looking at another one.

I've got a 21 yo son who's got disabilities, I taught him to change gears on a manual the other week for the first time but I think it's a bit much for him.

Would love a bike with a large frame, but a smaller engine and a centrifugal clutch would be perfect! lol... Tell him he's dreamin'!

I'll learn how to build one if I have to, I mucked around with a Honda 50 for my daughter and got that going by googling stuff.

That's it.... My whole dirtbike history in one.

Be kind, I'm bound to screw something up in here! x
I know I'm gonna learn heaps and want to thank those who take the time to help others and ask nothing in return!!!! That's priceless and much appreciated.

Kids aside I wanna feel comfortable enough to say I'm a dirtbike rider and not just someone who putt putt's out the bush by herself....

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_164331798.jpg
    IMG_20220228_164331798.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220228_164354048.jpg
    IMG_20220228_164354048.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220228_164403913.jpg
    IMG_20220228_164403913.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 15

93kdx250

Apr 18, 2023
Hey everybody. I'm a Minneapolis guy. Grew up riding all kinds of little dirt bikes and trying to be Jeremy McGrath (mid-90s/honda era -- almost dig the current Kawi ride more though). Last summer I took on my first frame-off resto on a basket case '93 KDX250-D. Lots of lessons learned and stories to tell about it. Can't wait to find out more about what Dirt Rider (best moto magazine ever) has become in the digital world.

nomis

Aug 26, 2023
Take a second to introduce yourself with a new post in this section of the forums.

Having Joined the site, you now have access to all the forums, the search function and many other forum tools that will make your time here more productive.

Be sure to look over the email options in your profile ... we don't send out "newsletters" and the like, we don't sell your email address, we don't gather info to sell to marketers ... you have full control over what info you provide and what email notifications you receive. Privacy matters.

If you have any questions about using the forum, or anything else for that matter, don't be afraid to ask. If you feel like something could be done better around here, we're always open to suggestions!

Welcome to DRN!
Hey to everyone ,been following some advice givin on this site and in all cases it has been great advice so i thought id join cuz there are still things i need to learn (thought i knew but didnt) so here i be.

Newguy89

Sep 3, 2023
I have a 92 rm 80 , I pullled the clutch side case off and a smaller ball bearing fell out and I have no idea where it goes ! Help haha

RM250life

Sep 20, 2023
Hey. I am new to this site. I just picked up a 2001 RM250. It runs real good and has a weighted fly wheel, fmf gnarly and turbine core pipe along with a few other things like upgraded levers and newer plastic. I am wondering if there are riding groups around the carson city, nv area? I M the only one of my friends with bike so far.. any way this site looks sick. Later

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hi, welcome to DRN! I had a 2001 RM250. I loved it. I hope you can find someone to ride with. I'm on the northeast or I'd ride with you. Check out any local dealership and just ask who rides in the area. They usually know. There might be a club locally too. ...and it sounds like you need to get some new friends!!!

collinn

Sep 24, 2023

Welcome to DRN!
hi there !

OWEIAN

Sep 30, 2023
Hey, use to ride growing up and back in high school. Got out of riding for a while when life started getting busy. I have a 3 year old son now with a PW50 and he's been dragging me back in. I got a 1998 YZ125 I'm doing a full overhaul rebuild on so I can start riding with my son. I have everything rebuilt except for the front and rear wheel. Due to yamaha discontinuing the front and rear wheel spacer, bearing. Part# 5DH-25117-00-00 if anyone has an alternative fix you'd save my ass.

joeryder

Feb 1, 2024
Hi, I am somewhat new to bikes. I started on a 4th hand 93 KLR in 2020. It was a tank of a bike by the way. It is still running and gave it to a neighbor kid who was getting into bikes.
I recently upgraded to a 23 KLX 230R and am enjoying it a lot. I have been lurking the forums for a while and decided to join. I will have some questions about upgrades to the new bike in the future.
Regards,
Joe

1706827800454.jpeg

1706827870711.png

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Not really new, but haven't ridden in 12 years, looking at getting back into riding now that I've retired and have time. Not sure how serious yet. Thinking about a Husky TE or KTM XCW. But may just end up with a small trail bike.
Oh, and the pic is the last bike I had, but don't have a bike at the moment.

Top Bottom