fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I know that sounds like a strange subject but I was wondering if any fellow DRN'ers have pacemakers.

The reason I'm asking is I went to the emergency room this weekend passing a kidney stone. The most god awful pain I've ever experienced. In the process the doctors noticed a heart arhythmia (sp?). My heart slowed down to 39 bpm. One doctor mentioned that in the old days they would just automatically put in a pacemaker. Hope I don't need one. :ugg:

I did a little reading about living with pacemakers and they mentioned that you wouldn't be able to operate a chainsaw. :think:

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
My uncle had one installed and he had to be careful about picking up heavy stuff or doing severe movement for fear of ripping the wires out of the pacemaker.

He was warned to stay away from anything close that had an strong electrical current.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
True. Some of the things to be wary of were arc welders, transmission lines and chain saws. I'm worried that IF I have to get one that I won't be able to ride. :whiner: I'm hoping that this isn't the case and dirtbikes or even road bikes don't interfer.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
LOL!!! That's a good piont. Maybe he can give me an on/off switch for it. My slow heart rate shouldn't be a problem anyway while I'm riding.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
Fred2, I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I sincerely hope that you can avoid a pacemaker. Last August I dislocated my hip and fractured my femur. The surgeon told me that there was a possibility that I may need a hip replacement. The jury is still out on that one. My biggest fear was (and still is) that the injury would end my participation in my favorite past-time (wakeboarding, which is how I got hurt in the first place). It is a sad thing when you have to give up something you truly love due to medical reasons. Good luck!!!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry about the Diagnosis heart problems can be bad. I passed a kidney stone on New Years Eve. I was released just in time for the new year. By the time I saw the doctor I had already passed it in the waiting room bathroom. OMG the most pain I have ever experienced. I would not wish that kind of pain on anyone, ever.

Hopefuly all will turn our well so that you may keep on the trail :D

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom