IM12RSPCT

Aug 21, 2001
I have a stock yz426f. I am looking to buy a paddle tire. Does anyone know what to run, 8 paddle or a 10 paddle? 1 mx shop said to run an 8, the other said run a 10, one said a ten will bog me down, the other said 8 wasn't enough. Anybody have any info or experience with either? Getting ready for Glamis trip! Thanks.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
8 will be plenty, 10 may be a handfull. with the 8 you will get enough spin to ride the bike, with a 10 you might have too much grip.

Jake McKernan

Oct 6, 1999
I run an 8 paddle Dune Hopper (Cheng Shin manufactures them, I think) on my '00 426F. It hooks up really well, and is usually one of the faster bikes on Oldsmobile (bone stock!). Cooks on the sand drags too!

IM12RSPCT

Aug 21, 2001
My buddy just bought me a ten paddle Dune Hopper. It is by cheng shin. Now I dont know whether to keep it or take it back for the 8 paddle.:think

nvrlift

Nov 8, 2001
just bought a skat trak 8 paddle for my bike...everyone said it fits the 426 better than the cheng shin...which is what i had on my old bike..i am heading to glamis this weekend so i will let you know how it works.

JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
"My buddy just bought me a ten paddle Dune Hopper. It is by cheng shin. Now I dont know whether to keep it or take it back for the 8 paddle".

Take it back and get an 8 paddle. I just got back from Glamis last week on my KTM 520sx and it ran great. I had a yz400 previously and before that a KTM 360 and they all worked really well with the same 8 paddle. Last trip to glamis and I hardly even got into 4th gear (with stock gearing) and the bike ran perfect.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
The Kings turbo paddle works really good, its got small rasied lines between the scoops to help with cornering grip, the scoops seem to be deeper than others I've seen also.

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
HEY NO RSPCT

Don't you think if your asking people for advise on paddles you should spend time on your yzf 426 because I heard that you keeping falling off the bike. Maybe the power on the bike is too much for you. I suggest you start off on the yama pw 50 and then when you feel comfortable with the power then go to the next size up? I'm sure they make paddles for pw 50's:debil: (Just a suggestion maybe I could be of some help;) ) well good luck ;)

IM12RSPCT

Aug 21, 2001
Well Ray, All I know is that you and Art were eating dust on the dry lake, then you ate sand up the dunes, what more do you want? At least I was ahead of you guys. Maybe you should trade your two smoker for a real bike. Or just hang out with Art behind me. You two smokers can battle each other. I will wait at the finish line!;)

Top Bottom