cloverdale

Mar 4, 2000
I have a number of show room vintage bikes that I do not plan to start for the next 20 years. My questions are as follows:

Besides draining the gas from the tank and the carb...plus blowing the carb out with compressed air...what other changes are needed. What specific chemicals should be put into the tank? Same question for the Carb. Also, how should the case fluid be handled?
Any help would be appreciated

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I would recommend putting silicon electrical connection sealer in all of the electrical fittings so they don't corrode and ruin the wires and modules, also lube the cables well with a graphite based cable lube to keep them from rusting, and spray some fogging oil down into the cylinder to keep the motor from rusting up, you can also use a light 3 in 1 oil or Marvel Mystery Oil for the same purpose. Spary some Armor All or similar substance on the seat cover and tires to keep them from dry rotting. Spray the rest of the frame down with WD-40 and let it set a while before wiping it off to protect frame coatings and also coat any rust spots that might not be visible, and last of all coat the chain with some good waterproof grease to keep it from rusting up also. hope some of that will help you out.

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (bored 40 over, FMF pipe, A-Loop suspension)

[This message has been edited by smb_racing (edited 02-05-2001).]

Top Bottom