Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm trying to find out from AJ how the two pipes available for the AF effect the power. Basically we can choose FMF or Pro Circuit as they both offer pipes. There are options for the silencer but I personally can't imagine sending an off-road bike to Cali that doesn't meet sound and spark but I'll throw out the uncorked options for those that think more noise is good.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
FMF,"Whisper Mode"

Crazy

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I vote PC. I, like many others, have had fitment issues with FMF in the past. I've only had one PC pipe but it seemed to have much better fitment as well as a nicer looking finish that held up better. I suppose power characteristics are more important than fit and finish, but assuming they both perform similarly I'd go with a PC pipe and something like a PC 296 S/A silencer.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
This should be AJ's call, IMO.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Those are the two pipes AJ suggested.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
FMF Gnarly. Beefy pipe with a S/A.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I voted for the FMF, but not skilled much in the ways of the 2 smoker. I think that what ever we put on there it must make the least mount of noise possible :ride:

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I voted FMF, since experience has shown them to be quieter.

and if we can come up with something even quieter still, I say go for it

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
XRpredator said:
I voted FMF, since experience has shown them to be quieter.

and if we can come up with something even quieter still, I say go for it

Quite is King :boss:
We need to keep the db level on the "down low".. ;)

Crazy

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I think that since this bike will have a ton of power anyway, lets try to make it the quietest and the most powerfull bike that dirtrider gets for the "shootout".

Having said that, I have no reccomendation for what pipe to use as I've never ridden an AF with either pipe.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I like the idea of a quiet, yet potent performer. How impressive would it be to present the mag testers with bike that are ultra quiet yet still has performance out the wazoo? Sort of leading by example to those who equate loud with go-fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom