Whaletalk

Jul 25, 2017
Hey everybody! I have a 1990 yz250 just got it, I have only been on one ride with it and I love it. However I am a bit confused, the bike has a pro circuit pipe and I think the silencer is too. But every website I've checked shows that neither Pro Circuit or FMF has a single pipe that should fit my bike. I want to get this FMF pipe and silencer combo but I'm not sure if it will fit, would it be a good idea? Thank you all!_YWN_

http://www.motosport.com/fmf-fatty-pipe-q-stealth-spark-arrestor-silencer-combo#reviews

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Where/how is the current pipe/silencer combo lacking? Whats the goal for replacing it?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Those are good reasons to change it out for sure... I wish you luck finding a new pipe / silencer combo for a bike that old. As much as I hate saying it, you may find something used but in good shape on eBay?

Keep in mind, pipes can be repaired and silencers repacked. There are services out there than clean the inside and pressurize the pipe to remove dings and then refinish the whole thing. You'll have a new looking pipe that performs as good as new.

Once the pipe is back in place, you should have more luck finding a silencer that will fit, maybe a little modding required, but certainly doable.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom