Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
I’ve done my home work and have read what’s on the Just KDX site but still have a question. I’m looking at getting an FMF Torque pipe model K-G35 as suggested by Dave under the KDX hop up guide, but the problem is I can’t find one anywhere. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place but I’m assuming that this information is dated and they don’t make that particular model anymore. My question is this: Is the present day equivalent to the suggested pipe an FMF Gold series “Gnarly” woods pipe? I’m looking to boost the bottom end.

If this is the case, my second question is: Can the stock silencer be used with the Gnarly pipe? I’m thinking about getting a Power Core II Silencer or the Q series silencer for the hare scrambles (any suggestions here?) but also need to be able to meet forest service requirements when I go riding in the beautiful black hills of South Dakota. I would prefer not to have to spend another $130.00 for a Turbine Core II spark arrester silence if the stock silencer will work. Thanks for any help you can give.

dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
yes, the gnarly woods pipe is the torque version- low to mid rpm range. The stock silencer can be used with the fmf pipe so I am told. I'm getting ready to change both pipe and silencer on my 200.

purp

Feb 22, 2005
I've been reading everything I can find on Pipes and thought it sounded like the recomendation was for the desert version. The bike seem to have enought low end tourque to me. Am I missing something?

layoutd

May 17, 2004
depends on what terrain you ride in. i ride in the southeastern woods. before the woods pipe, i stayed in 1st or 2nd gear. after putting on the pipe, i ride 2-4 gears, seems to be more from the bike. has made me faster too with less clutching. i use 1st for climbing trees and such

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
The recommendation is different for the 220 than for the 200. Try rockymountainmc.com for a source. I use a -35 with a 'Q' silencer (lighter than stock) and a Fredette pipe guard. I'm very happy with the combination. I also have a -30 and a TC (1) and have played with different combinations. Be sure to lean your jetting after your pipe install to maximize the new found power.

Top Bottom