Pittsburgh Riders Part II - Feeler Thread

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
I'll be home again November 4th. Right now it is tentative date for me to ride. I am just gauging interest. I'm looking at riding in Isabella, PA. I think if we met there then it would be a pretty good place to ride for most people. These coal slags are larger than Clairton and there are also trails that cut through the wooded areas. I know that Matt likes this kind of riding a lot. Any way you look at it you can have a blast.

4 November 2007

olpremix

Aug 28, 2007
isabella ride sounds good, is this for bikes only or are quads welcome(most of guys i ride with have quads)?my yz is broke but the kdx is ready to go. let me know.

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
I cannot host at my house but I can get everyone who is interested to an area that can park and unload. This is for anything. People ride just about anything on this land. You will see quads, Mules, 6 wheelers sometimes, and dirt bikes. There are a few trails that run along the train tracks that will take you to Chuck's Boat Club where you can stop and take a break and grab something to eat, drink, or even a BEER. Plus there are a lot of hill climb areas, trails in the woods if you dig that kinda stuff, Crucible coal slag pile just about a 10 minute ride away, and easy entry level riding for those of you who want to bring the kids.

I figure that I will share where I ride so that people new to the area or just looking for new places to ride can find them easier.

Go to Google maps and put this in as the destination.

39.939352,-79.93095

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
oh you guys would have a blast. I ride an 07 YZ250f and my girlfriend will be out riding with us for the first time on a 2001 Recon 4x2. If I think she can handle the terrain then I think you and the son would be fine. One of the dump/slag piles is a little easier to ride as well. It as interesting place to get out and ride. There are trails that cut from Isabella to Crucible dumps (Across the river from the town of Crucible). You can at least spend a day riding without feeling like you can't explore and you are trapped in one place.

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
Well just put the coordinates in the above post and google map it. Maybe we'll see you out there.. We might be out with another quad and older 250x. We'll be out in the morning say 9am or 10am til about 1pm

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
Get your bikes out and get them ready for this weekend. I'm driving home 4 hours and I am going riding on Sunday. I hope to see you guys out and about. Plus, the Steelers are playing the Ravens and we all know how that is going to end so lets just celebrate on the bikes and someone can haul around a radio if they want to hear the game!

SEE YOU THERE!!!! :ride:

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
I WONT MAKE IT HOME.

I have 6 weeks of military training that popped up today and won't be over until the middle of December. Oh well, guess I'll get to ride my dirt bike again one day.

Billbuck

Jul 5, 2019
oh you guys would have a blast. I ride an 07 YZ250f and my girlfriend will be out riding with us for the first time on a 2001 Recon 4x2. If I think she can handle the terrain then I think you and the son would be fine. One of the dump/slag piles is a little easier to ride as well. It as interesting place to get out and ride. There are trails that cut from Isabella to Crucible dumps (Across the river from the town of Crucible). You can at least spend a day riding without feeling like you can't explore and you are trapped in one place.
Is their a safe place to park and unload?

Top Bottom