Please help WMX Pros get to the 2013 Nationals

Mar 19, 2008
We have a raffle going on right now! Enter to win a set(pants jersey) of One Industries gear! Donated by the great people over at http://www.fistcitymx.com Its easy to enter all you have to do is make a 5 dollar donation. You can make your donation thru the link below or mail it in snail mail... All proceeds go towards getting the team to the nationals. Who wouldent want a sweet set of gear for 5 bucks?
size36/Med
http://www.gofundme.com/29t8ho

529611_552615454779391_1146980413_n.jpg

Mar 19, 2008
The WMN Racing Team was representing on Saturday at the Moto Mingle ride day at Milestone Mx Park. We had Cortney Roewer putting down motos and practicing hard getting ready for her race on Sunday at Glen Helen. Heather Lockwood was working hard practicing and especially focusing on her cornering and she was working the booth to raise money for the team. Team Manager Heather Majcherek was working the booth, talking to people and even got some riding in on her 125 and 250. Shelby Ward had to work that day, but her brother came out and was a great rep. It was a great day! We raised 1,025 dollars, and we partnered with http://www.mx707designs.com/ as our clothing sponsor , and were invited to another fundraiser day teamed up with Autism Mx! The team riders and their families did a really great job or riding, representation, hanging out with the fans, and growing the sport. Thank you everyone for the support!

Mar 19, 2008
Huge thanks to Shannon Lockwood for the donation.
Huge thanks to Gil Colon for the donation.
Huge thanks to Charlie Sento for the donation.
Huge thanks to Robert Braga for the donation.
Huge thanks to Lynda Robison for the donation.
Huge thanks to Rob Long for the donation.
Huge thanks to Mx 707 Design for the donation.
Huge thanks to Jefferson Creech for the donation.

Mar 19, 2008
We have a raffle going on right now!

Enter to win

-a set of One Industries gear! (pants jersey size36/Med)
-Mothers Polish Products
-Rockwell watches certificates
-Maxima oil certificates
-Acerbis Plastics Certificates
-Protect All Products
-Girls of Michigan Calenders
-Shirts
-Stickers
-Key fobs
-Hats
-Sweatshirts
-Advocare Certificates
-Scott Goggles Certificates
-Mx Belt Buckle certificates
-Rudy Project certificates
-No Toil certificates
-BRM Offroad Graphics Certificates,
-Hyper Racerwear certificates
- Feed The Machine certificates
- Ryno Power certificates
- LiveWire Energy certificates

and much much more!

Its easy to enter all you have to do is make a 5 dollar donation. You can make your donation through the link below or mail it in snail mail... All proceeds go towards getting the team to the nationals. Who wouldn't want a sweet set of gear for 5 bucks?

http://www.gofundme.com/29t8ho

Mar 19, 2008
CORTNEY ROEWER

Birth Date: September 25, 1994
Birth Place: Lake Havasu City, AZ
School: Santa Rosa Academy Home School
Started Racing: 2001
Ride:
2012 KTM 250 SX-F
2012 KTM 250 XC-F
Skill Level:
Pro/A
Racing Classes:
Women’s Pro
Women’s Open
250 Intermediate
College Boy
Personal History My name is Cortney Roewer and I have been racing dirt bikes competitively for almost 12 years. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a professional motocross racer and this past September I achieved my dream. There has been no better feeling than lining up on a national gate with the fastest women in the industry. At that point I realized my career is just beginning; my dream is now tangible. As I chase my dream I know school plays an important part of my life. I am currently in my senior year of high school and on track to graduate with a 4.0 GPA. I work and train very hard so I can continue to excel in this sport; I plan on one day being the WMX #1 plate holder. Riding Goals I have set some new goals for the upcoming race season. I always try and set my goals to where they will challenge my skills, yet not be unrealistic. I plan on racing the outdoor nationals and hope to finish with a top 10 overall in points. I know I have a long road ahead of me and I have never been more ready to race my way down it. I would also like to qualify for X Games Women’s Endurocross, make it to Loretta Lynn’s, and finish the Glen Helen 24 hour race. I plan on racing and riding as much as I can to gain more knowledge of the sport I have dedicated my life too. Competitive Highlights I completed this season acquiring my pro card, an achievement I am very proud of. Racing the last round of the Nationals, I improved my WMX National ranking from 94 to 46. I also finished the season with a 2nd place overall in the Women’s ”A” class at WORCS , a 4th overall at Mammoth Motocross, and many other wins throughout the year. I never give up when racing. When my team quit on me 4 laps into the Glen Helen 12 hour race, I raced almost 10 hours by myself gaining a lap back and finishing in 3rd place.

RESULTS
March 2013
2nd
Big 6 GP Round 2 – Glen Helen Raceway Women’s Expert 2nd
Glen Helen, CA
February 2013
9th
WORCS Round 2 – Buffalo Bill’s Women’s Pro 4th
Primm, NV
January 2013
19th
WORCS Round 1 – Canyon MX Women’s Pro 3rd
Peoria, AZ
December 2012
1st
Big 6 GP – Pala Raceway Women’s Expert 2nd
Pala, CA
9th
Triple Crown – Perris MX Park Women’s Expert 1st
Perris, CA Series Champion
November 2012
4th
Triple Crown – Lake Elsinore Women’s Expert 1st
Lake Elsinore, CA
8-9th
Lake Elsinore Grand Prix Women’s Expert 3rd
Harvey Mushman 100 27th
October 2012
14th
Back to School – Pala Raceway Women’s Pro 1st
Pala, Ca 250 Intermediate 3rd
21st
Triple Crown – Perris MX Park Women’s Expert 1st
Perris, CA
September 2012
8th
Round 12 AMA National – Lake Elsinore Women’s Pro (debut) 21st
Lake Elsinore, Ca
9th
WORCS Round 10 – Honolulu Hills MX Women’s A 2nd Overall
Taft, Ca
August 2012
3rd
Friday Night Knockout – Elsinore MX Women’s Open 1st
Lake Elsinore, Ca School Boy 6th
10th
Lake Elsinore, Ca School Boy 6th
11th
WORCS Round 9 – Cahuilla Creek MX Women’s A 2nd
Anza, Ca
26th
Muscle Milk TWMX – Cahuilla Creek MX Women’s Amateur 1st
Anza, Ca School Boy 23rd
July 2012
6th
Lake Elsinore, Ca School Boy 3rd
7th
Hot Summer Nights – Perris MX Women’s “A” 1st
Perris, CA College Boy 8th
13th
Friday Night Knockout – Elsinore MX Women’s Open 2nd
Lake Elsinore, CA School Boy 8th
14th
WORCS Round 8 – Pala Raceway Women’s “A” 2nd
Pala, CA 15-29 Sport B 8th
29th
Muscle Milk TWMX – Elsinore MX Women’s Amateur 2nd
Lake Elsinore, CA
June 2012
2nd
Big 6 Grand Prix – The Ranch MX Women’s “A” 1st
Anza, CA
11th
Spring Grand Prix – Cahuilla Creek MX Women’s Expert 1st
Anza, CA
21st
Mammoth Motocross Women’s Amateur 4th
Mammoth Lakes, CA
23rd
WORCS Round 7 – On the Edge Raceway Women’s “A” 2nd
Central, UT
May 2012
5th
Road to Mammoth – Pala Raceway Women’s “A” 1st/Both motos
Pala, Ca
5th
Big 6 Grand Prix – Round 4 – Primm Women’s Expert 3rd
Primm, NV
19th
WORCS Round 6 – Race Town 395 Women’s “A” 3rd
Adelanto, CA
April 2012
1st
Road to Mammoth – Lake Elsinore MX Park Women’s Am 1st/Both motos
Lake Elsinore, CA
21st – 22nd
WORCS Round 5 – Speedworld MX Park Women’s “A” 2nd
Surprise, AZ 15-20 Sport “B” 17th
March 2012
3rd -4th
Big 6 District 37 Round 2 – Glen Helen Women’s “A” 3rd
Devore, CA
24-25
WORCS Round 4 – Crazy Horse MX Park Women’s “A” DNF/Injury
Lake Havasu, AZ
February 2012
11th -12th
WORCS Round 2 –Buffalo Bills Women’s “A” 2nd
Primm, NV
Sport 15-29 “B” 20th
17th – 19th
Adelanto Grand Prix – 395 MX Park Women’s “A” 1st
Adelanto, CA
25th – 26th
WORCS Round 3 – Mesquite MX Park Women’s “A” 4th
Devore, CA
January 2012
14th-15th
WORCS Round 1- Glen Helen Women’s “A” 3rd
Devore, CA
December 2011
11th
Pala Christmas Grand Prix Women’s Pro 1st
Pala, CA
17th
Cahuilla Christmas Grand Prix Women’s Expert 1st
Anza, CA 250 Intermediate 6th
November 2011
5th-6th
WORCS Round 10- Speedworld MX Park Women’s “A” 2nd
Surprise, AZ
12th-13th
Elsinore Grand Prix Women’s Expert 1st
Lake Elsinore, CA 250 Intermediate 4th
Harvey Mushman 28th
100 Miles
October 2011
15th-16th
WORCS Round 9 - Racetown 395 Women’s “A” 2nd
Adelanto, CA

17308_561110523929884_1932678759_n.jpg

Mar 19, 2008
Huge thanks to Gary Eichemendy for the donation.
Huge thanks to Joe Witteman for the donation.
Huge thanks to Donna Wondolawn for the donation.
Huge thanks to Ann Farley for the donation.
Huge thanks to Felecia Maddeux for the donation.
Huge thanks to Mike St. John for the donation.
Huge thanks to Deanna for the donation.
Huge thanks to Ben Hansen for the donation.
Huge thanks to Sarah Warden for the donation.

Mar 19, 2008
My name is Heather Lockwood I’m 27years old and I’ve been riding motorcycles for about 20 years and racing for 10. Growing up our house revolved around 2 things, horses and horsepower. My dad was a professional Motocross racer and aviator from Southeast Alaska, and mom was a professional horse instructor and competitor. So naturally I grew up somewhere in the middle of all that. I rode off and on growing up splitting my time between riding my dirt bike, competing on my horse and playing hockey. At that time I mostly just rode out in the desert with my dad and little brother and some times on a little track in my yard. It wasn’t till 2003 that I entered my first race and set foot on my first real track (all in the same day).
We were out camping in the desert and heard from some friends that there was a motorcycle race taking place not far from our camp. My dad and my brother decided they wanted to race and when I got wind of what they were doing I wanted in! I had no idea what the race was all about I just knew that if my little brother was doing it then I wasn’t going to be left out. Reluctantly my dad entered me in the women’s beginner class in the 2003 Adelanto Gp.
Although my little TTR 125 and I only managed about 3 laps before ending up in a heap of dirt some where out in the desert, I’d effectively caught the moto bug and was hooked on racing. Within 3 months I sold the TTR and with a little help from my family bought a YZ 125. Within 5 months of my first race I was sitting on the line of my first motocross race, the Mammoth motocross. My little brother had ultimately become hooked on motocross as well from his Adelanto experience. So he and I, with the help of my dad and boyfriend raced our way thru the local tracks around central California for 7 more years. In 2010 I made the jump to the WMX Pro class where I'm now preparing for my first full season as a Pro. I have finished 4 x as a top 10 finisher at Mammoth Motocross, a 3 x time winner of A Day in the Dirt.

Nowadays I ride about 3 days a week and race as many times a weekend as I can. I also spend 4-5 days in the gym alternating between weights, and endurance training as well as cardio and the occasional yoga class. In the summer time I like to spend more of my time working out outdoors either running or mountain biking. I work hard and ride hard to be where I am at today. I know that my friendly and approachable personality on and off the track helps me to be able to communicate and demonstrate proper techniques so valuable to the up and coming riders, from the first time rider to the more experienced riders looking to improve their skills.

2010 WMX Pro rookie at Pala #82. Unfortunately my nerves and the flu got the better of me and I ended up 26-27. Although the day didn’t go so well I got the valuable experience I needed to help better prepare myself in the off season for the 2011 outdoor national series. I earned the national number 65, and moving up 17 places for 2011.
2011 WMX Pro I raced Hangtown 31-29 and Pala 23-22 earning the national number 54, and moving up 14 places for 2012, I was pitting under the Rockwell Semi.
2012 WMX Pro #54
Other results include winning the Day in the Dirt twice, 1st place Women's Pro at the Women's Motocross International. As well as many local races across Southern California.
I believe that I am a good candidate for any company to sponsor because I work hard and ride hard to be where I am at today. I know that my friendly and approachable personality on and off the track makes me a good representative to any company. Not only will I work hard to help promote my sponsors at all times but I will always appreciate being given the chance to do so.
Thank you
Heather Lockwood-Kelley
WMX # 125

375133_565301396844130_689152613_n.jpg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom