Please help WMX Pros get to the nationals

Mar 19, 2008
WMN Racing is helping the WMX Pro racers get to the 2012 Outdoor Nationals and we need your help! We have 5 women pros in this rig ready to go, and we have room for many more. The WMX are racing 8 rounds this year- Hangtown, Freestone, Thunder Valley, Hi-point, Red Bud, Washougal, Moto X 338 (Southwick), and Lake Elsinore. The goal is to provide free bike transportation for them to the 8 rounds, all we are missing is the fuel to get to the 8 rounds. Fuel for the Nationals costs 10 to 13 thousand for the year, In return for your donations, we will provide you with Autographs, Press releases, Pictures, List you as a sponsor for these WMX Pro women racers.

You can donate as much as you feel, 1 dollar on up. 100% goes to the fuel to get to the WMX Nationals.

For 10k you will have main logo on the rig as well as main logo on jerseys and stickers on the bike as well as included in podium speeches. (That’s 2000 per racer for the whole WMX season, 250 per racer for each WMX National)

For 1k you will have a medium logo on the rig as well as logo on jerseys and sticker on the bike as well as included in podium speeches. (That’s 200 per racer for the whole WMX season, 25 per racer for each WMX National)

For 500. You will have a small logo on the rig as well as logo on jerseys and sticker on the bike. (That’s 100 per racer for the whole WMX season, 12.50 per racer for each WMX National)

WMX Pro Racers include
Jacqueline Strong WMX # 4 Podium in 2010 X Games participant twice
Marissa Markelon WMX # 6 Podium in 2011 2011 Rookie of the year
Shelby Rolen WMX # 23 Gained 24 places in 2011 WMX season
Heather Lockwood WMX # 54 Gained 14 places in 2011 WMX season
Meghan McClain WMX # 64 2012 is her Rookie year

Thank you for your help, the WMX Pros really appreciate all that you do for them, are very grateful for you and they can hear you cheering for them! Keep it up!

Donate today to the Fast Motocross Females Fund
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2UT7REANQ45GG

Thank you
Heather Majcherek

Last edited:

Mar 19, 2008
We had someone ask if they could mail in their donation. The answer is yes. Heather Majcherek 26001 Corriente ln Mission Viejo, Ca 92691 make payable to Heather Majcherek

Mar 19, 2008
Background on........

Name: Marissa Markelon
Bike: 2011 YZ 250F
Racing Classes: WMX Pro, Collegeboy and A classes

Racing Background:

I started riding a PW 50 at the young age of 3. I raced my first race when I was only 4 at a local track near my house. After a few races, it was clear that I had natural talent as well as a lot of love for the sport. With the support from my family and coaching from my dad, I continued to push myself further in the sport of motocross earning many wins and regional championships.

Career Highlights:

In my beginning years at Loretta Lynn’s, I had consistently finished in the top 10. In 2010 I finished 3rd overall at Loretta’s. This past season was my first year competing in the entire 8 round WMX series. I finished 6th overall, staying inside the top 10 in a majority of the rounds. My best finish was at Southwick in moto 1, finishing in 3rd place. To make the season even better, I was voted rookie of the year in the AMA WMX series.

2012 Schedule:

In the upcoming 2012 racing season, I will be competing in all of the Women’s Pro Nationals, competing in numerous events in the north east, such as the New England Regional Championships, the Kawasaki Race of Champions, and the New York state championships.

Goals for the Future:

Recently graduating from Ansonia High School, I will now be able to focus 100% on my racing. My goals are to finish consistently in the top three in the WMX series and eventually pick up a championship within the next few years. I will also be defending my titles at the Kawasaki Race of Champions, the New England regional championships and the New York state championships.

Current Sponsors:

Rock River Powersports, Spazztic Race Company, Yamaha, Doug Henry, Factory Connection, FMF, Fox Racing, Scott Goggles, Roost MX, Tag Metals, Yamalube, Monster Energy, Asterisk, K&N, GYTR, XTrig, Lift Masters, Powermadd, Millennium Technologies, Milford Riders Club, Chug’s Motors, Mom & Dad and all her friends and family.

Date Event Class Result
May 21, 2011
WMX Round 1:
Hangtown
WMX First Moto: 12th
Second Moto: 12th
Overall: 11th

May 28, 2011
WMX Round 2:
Freestone WMX
First Moto: 5th
Second Moto: 8th
Overall: 6th

June 25, 2011
WMX Round 3:
Thunder Valley WMX
First Moto: 12th
Second Moto: 8th
Overall: 9th

July 2, 2011
WMX Round 4:
Red Bud WMX
First Moto: 9th
Second Moto: 5th
Overall: 7th

July 16, 2011
WMX Round 5:
Millville WMX
First Moto: 8th
Second Moto: 6th
Overall: 7th

August 27, 2011
WMX Round 6:
Southwick WMX
First Moto: 3rd
Second Moto: 18th

Sept 3, 2011
WMX Round 7:
Steel City WMX
First Moto: 11th
Second Moto: 11th

Sept 10, 2011
WMX Round 8:
Pala WMX First Moto: 12th
Second Moto: 11th
Overall: 9th

Results:6th overall

What I can offer potential sponsors:

I believe that I would be a good representative because I am a very hard working and dedicated individual on and off the track. Regardless of my results at the races, I always have a positive attitude and will represent your product in a positive way. With your help I believe that I will exceed my racing goals as well as your expectations of how truly dedicated I am to winning races and continuing to be the best pro that I know how to be. I look forward to working with you this upcoming season along with many to come!

Thank you for your time and support,
Marissa Markelon

References:

Doug Henry

Christina Denney

Mar 19, 2008
background on.........

Shelby Rolen, most people call me Shelbs, 22, from Blaine,TN. I've been racing motocross since I was 7 and could not imagine doing anything else with my life. My life is all moto all the time. Im 100% dedicated to making my dreams come and getting the results I want. I have the most supportive family and could not do this without them. I was 23rd in the 2011 WMX points and was only able to do 3 races. I also started racing GNCCs for cross training two years ago and was 10th in the Womens class points standings for that in 2011. MY main focus for 2012 is doing the full WMX series and the Loretta Lynn's National. I am still racing GNCCs when I have time and am currently 9th in the points for 2012, I spend as much time as I can riding and training at Paradise Training facility in Georgia. When I can't be there i'm still training hard at home and on my bike any chance I get. I'm serious about racing but I'm a jokester at heart and love to make people laugh, Im energetic,spunky, and almost always smiling. If I have any spare time I can usually be found snapping pictures or hanging out with my boyfriend. I have two little brother, who are my best friends, and help my racing so much. I work alot with FCA MX and my faith is what keeps me going when I think I cant go anymore. I wake up every day to keep chasing my dreams. Pretty much just love to be on and around dirt bikes and just be me.

Please help us get to the nationals. Thank you

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2UT7REANQ45GG

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2008
background......

My name is Heather Lockwood I’m 25 years old and I’ve been riding motorcycles for about 20 years. Growing up our house revolved around 2 things, horses and horsepower. My dad was a professional Motocross racer and aviator from Southeast Alaska, and mom was a professional horse instructor and competitor. So naturally I grew up somewhere in the middle of all that. I rode off and on growing up splitting my time between riding my dirt bike, competing on my horse and playing hockey. At that time I mostly just rode out in the desert with my dad and little brother and some times on a little track in my yard. It wasn’t till 2003 that I entered my first race and set foot on my first real track (all in the same day).

We were out camping in the desert and heard from some friends that there was a motorcycle race taking place not far from our camp. My dad and my brother decided they wanted to race and when I got wind of what they were doing I wanted in! I had no idea what the race was all about I just knew that if my little brother was doing it then I wasn’t going to be left out. Reluctantly my dad entered me in the women’s beginner class in the 2003 Adelanto Gp.

Although my little TTR 125 and I only managed about 3 laps before ending up in a heap of dirt some where out in the desert, I’d effectively caught the moto bug and was hooked on racing. Within 3 months I sold the TTR and with a little help from my family bought a YZ 125. Within 5 months of my first race I was sitting on the line of my first motocross race, the Mammoth motocross. My little brother had ultimately become hooked on motocross as well from his Adelanto experience. So he and I, with the help of my dad and boyfriend raced our way thru the local tracks around central California for 7 more years. In 2010 I made the jump to the WMX Pro class where I'm now preparing for my first full season as a Pro. I have finished 4 x as a top 10 finisher at Mammoth Motocross, a 3 x time winner of A Day in the Dirt.

Nowadays I ride about 3 days a week and race as many times a weekend as I can. I also spend 4-5 days in the gym alternating between weights, and endurance training as well as cardio and the occasional yoga class. In the summer time I like to spend more of my time working out outdoors either running or mountain biking. I work hard and ride hard to be where I am at today. I know that my friendly and approachable personality on and off the track helps me to be able to communicate and demonstrate proper techniques so valuable to the up and coming riders, from the first time rider to the more experienced riders looking to improve their skills.

2010 WMX Pro rookie at Pala #82. Unfortunately my nerves and the flu got the better of me and I ended up 26-27. Although the day didn’t go so well I got the valuable experience I needed to help better prepare myself in the off season for the 2011 outdoor national series. I earned the national number 65, and moving up 17 places for 2011.

2011 WMX Pro I raced Hangtown 31-29 and Pala 23-22 earning the national number 54, and moving up 14 places for 2012, I was pitting under the Rockwell Semi.

2012 WMX Pro #54 I will be racing 5 of the 8 Outdoor national WMX rounds for the 2012 at Hangtown, Freestone, Thunder Valley, Washougal, and Lake Elsinore. My goals are to more up over 30 places into the 20s and higher.

Other results include winning the Day in the Dirt twice, 1st place Women's Pro at the Women's Motocross International. As well as many local races across Southern California.

I believe that I am a good candidate for any company to sponsor because I work hard and ride hard to be where I am at today. I know that my friendly and approachable personality on and off the track makes me a good representative to any company. Not only will I work hard to help promote my sponsors at all times but I will always appreciate being given the chance to do so.

Thank you and I am really looking forward to Partnering for 2012

Heather Lockwood-Kelley

WMX # 54

Please help us get to the nationals. Thank you

Last edited:

Mar 19, 2008
background.....

My name is Meghan McClain and I am from Anchorage, Alaska. Not usually the first choice when it comes to motocross but it works, kind of. I learned how to ride when I was 6 years old and started racing the summer after that. Racing has always been a family affair for us. All 3 of my siblings have raced in the past, mom is usually there to cheer us on (at least once we make it around the first corner on two wheels) and my dad has more championships than any other rider in the state of Alaska with 60+ titles.
In my 15 years of racing I have earned 13 championships in Alaska, but the 2011 Hangtown national was the first time I had ever raced outside of my home state. This year I will be keeping that trend alive by running the entire WMX national series. I have never been good at sitting still for very long so I usually have a lot on my plate, wih work, school, racing and volunteer work, but don't let that dissuade you, I'm always up for a day of riding!

I will graduate spring 2012 from University of Alaska Anchorage with an associate degree in Fire and Emergency Services. I volunteer at the Girdwood Fire Department as a firefighter/EMT. For the past 3 years I have been a standing board member for the Anchorage Racing Lions, which is one of the 3 racing clubs that we have up north.

Mar 19, 2008
background.....

my name is Jacqueline Strong. But before you do anything, I want you to hear my story and understand why I am doing this. I’ve been on a motorcycle nearly my whole life and I love motocross more than anything. I had dreams of going pro for a long time and thanks to the support and sacrifices of my family I was able to achieve my dream in 2008, when I was 15.

Since turning Professional, I have been fortunate enough to travel the United States competing at World Class facilities, against the top female racers in the country, during the AMA Women’s Motocross National Championships, where I finished National #10 for two seasons as well as competing at the X Games in 2009-2010 finishing 5th.

Due to the economic downturn, I went into the 2011 season with modest support, but thankfully I gained the support of WSMX-Women’s School of Motocross who helped me get on track. That support coupled with the support of my family and some hard riding allowed me to put in the best rides of my career and earn National #4 in the AMA WMX championships. It was a great accomplishment for me.

I have some phenomenal sponsors by my side but with the economy still struggling I’ve gained very little additional support for 2012. Currently I will be riding my bike from last season and so far all expenses for Nationals which include, Race Bikes, Travel, Fuel, Accommodations, Parts and such will be paid out of pocket. Expenses to compete at the highest levels of the sport can be staggering and can run in excess of $60,000 a year.

All I want to do is go racing. My goals are to be a title contender and positively influence the image of women’s motocross. I love motocross and I know I have what it takes. Please join my cause and be part of my progression. Anything helps and is very much appreciated. Thank you!

At 18 months old, Jacqueline’s first motorcycle had training wheels. Almost every weekend, her entire family would ride for recreation in the beautiful Arizona desert. After begging her parents for a chance to actually race, she began competing locally. She soon began racing with the Women’s Motocross Association and at age 12, she earned the WMA’s Women’s Intermediate National Championship. With the undying support of her family, what began as a hobby has become a lifestyle.

Since turning Professional in 2008 at age 15, Jacqueline has been fortunate enough to travel the United States, competing at World Class facilities, against the top female racers in the country, during the AMA Women’s Motocross National Championships, where she finished National #10 for two seasons as well as competing at the X Games in 2009-2010 where she finished 5th and the 2010 Western Motocross National Arenacross Championships where she placed 1st. In 2011 Jacqueline gained the support of WSMX-Women’s School of Motocross who helped her get on track. Jacqueline put in the best rides of her career and earned National #4 in the Championships.

Now a title contender, her goals are simple: Jacqueline wants to be an inspiration and a positive influence for the sport; to give it all she’s got and have fun. Jacqueline likes boys, pedicures, and shopping but most of all Motocross! In 2009 ESPN Action Sports Wrote: “A very mature and well-spoken… star on the WMX Professional Circuit, and … a potential medal winner at X-Games”

Please donate here
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xcl...ton_id=2UT7REANQ45GG

Mar 19, 2008
AsETjYpCQAA95-p.png

Mar 19, 2008
Recently WMN Racing started a Donation Thread the “Fast Motocross Females” Fuel Fund to help WMX riders get to the AMA Nationals. The response has been heartwarming. WMN Racing received a donation from a 6 year old girl Kennedy Watkins, from Oakley, California. Kennedy upon hearing about the donation request, promptly went to her piggy back and handed over the full contents of $25 to her Dad, and instructed him to donate everything to support the WMX riders! Dad quietly slipped the contents back into her piggy bank and donated the requested amount for his daughter!

Kennedy embodies the true spirit of Women’s Motocross! In honor of the sacrifice of this young supporter, WMN Racing has created the Kennedy Watkins Spirit Award which will be presented to her at Round 1 of the AMA WMX Nationals on May 19th at Hangtown in Prairie City, CA. Team riders have committed to placing her name on the rig, bikes and jersey’s in honor of Kennedy for the duration of the series. For donation information please contact WMN Racing at 949-290-0712 or Heather@wmnracing.com or https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2UT7REANQ45GG

380822_2616311409792_1315294574_3021170_845598316_n.jpg

Top Bottom