XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Jesus H. Chrysler, you guys have been through enough!

here's to hoping for more improvement. The road ahead has *got* to get easier.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
My prayers are with you all. There will be good days and bad, and fighting the fear that is balled up in your chest can be overwhelming and heavy. Say a prayer, try to stay positive and take things as they come. Thats all you can do. Our family came so close to loosing mom (shiftless)last March, that at times it can still feel like yesterday. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us updated when you can. We are praying for a speedy recovery.
Chris

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Marcia was moved to a room 3 nights ago, and as of today, the last IV was removed, you are right Crispy, good days and bad ones, last night and this morning bad, this afternoon and tonight very good. I'm keying bedside now in the dark (fun) she is sleeping. My work has been fantastic about my hours, I am a programmer analyst, so I really don't have to physically be at work. I have been working every day from here. Will save the vacation time form when Marcia gets home. Brian got stuck on night duty 2 nights ago, on a BAD night, the nurse staff really bragged on him, takes a lot to help his own Mom in the ways he had to, good kid. His Sister Jennifer had last night, also a bad night, you get zero sleep on a bad night. Thanks guys and gals for your thoughts and prayers.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
A group email I just sent to several friends:

Mom was released from the hospital today, and is now headed to do a brief rehab program in Ft. Worth. We weren't supposed to, but we stopped by the house for about a half hour so she could pick up some clothes, see the dogs, and see the house again. She is doing fantastic. Her eyesight has still not returned fully, but she is able to walk around by herself and she is in good spirits. She is talking about family vacations and seeing the country as soon as she is well enough to do so. Unfortunately, we didn't have much say in whether or not she goes to rehab, but with as well as she is doing she shouldn't be there long. It has been 19 days since she was rushed to the hospital, and 18 days since her nuerosurgery. She has come a long way. She still has good days and bad days, but the overall recovery she has made is truly miraculous. Knowing that most people who suffer this condition do not survive, and seeing her walking around the house packing her clothes today made me feel truly blessed. I again cannot thank those of you who have kept my family and I in your thoughts and prayers enough. You guys have kept us strong and I appreciate your support greatly. Thanks again and hope to see all of you soon.
Your friend,

Brian

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
That is fantastic! I am so happy for you all. I think its great she was able to sneak home for a quick visit. Every little bit of normalcy makes a big difference in a recovery.

She will remain in our prayers for a full and swift recovery.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
WooHoo!! I'll join the guys in BananaTown and dance!

154.gif

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Very happy news! :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good new Brian! It seems like she's making rapid progress so keep doing whatever you are doing to help that along and we'll do the same.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
WooHoo!! I'll join the guys in BananaTown and dance!

154.gif
Still keeping you all in my prayers! Great news more to come I'm sure!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Progress is steady but slow. Marcia was in very good sprits when we finally left the hospital yesterday after 20 days.

The Rehab does not have the facilities of Zale Lipshy hospital (ie FOOD at any hour day or night), Marcia called me @ the house at 3:30 AM this morning, wanting me to bring food before she got sick. I found out that you can get from our house in the burbs thru downtown Ft Worth in a hurry when there are almost zero cars on the road. She ate, took some pain meds, tried to sleep.

I arrived @ rehab the 2nd time today this morning, she was in one of the lowest moods yet, lots of pain, her legs were jumping, and generally wanted out of here. But the case worker talked her out of it, then we had great news, she can go home all day tomorrow!

I am thinking that this will really help.

Thwn the evening went well, when both of her brothers showed up, and we strolled around the grounds. this may work out yet.

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's great, Grady. Hugs from north of the river!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good to hear Grady!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Mom was released from the hospital last Thursday and has been at a physical rehab facility since then. She was able to come home for the day on Saturday. This was great for her as she got a small taste back for things being back to normal again. Her rehab has been going very well. She is able to walk on her own and her cognitive reasoning has improved as well. The only downside is still her eyesight, which has in fact worsened over the last several days. After speaking to the optomologist, it was determined she has hemmorages in both her eyes. Excess blood from the ruptured aneurysm has found its way into her eyes and has settled there, now almost entirely blocking any light from being registered. We are hopefull that the blood will become reabsorbed after more time goes by restoring her vision, but things could go either way. It is now a very real possibility she may not get her eyesight back. While it would be a small price to pay in exchange for her otherwise excellent recovery, she is very concerned and is not in the best spirits because of this. All we can do is wait. Overall, things are still going very well and she is scheduled to be released from rehab on Thursday of this week. I again cannot thank all of my friends and family enough for helping keep us strong through all of this. It is greatly appreciated. Hope to talk to you all soon.
Your friend,
Brian

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Glad to here the positive results .... Hang in there, the Big Guy upstairs has it under control.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
our prayers have been turbo-charged .... best wishes!

Pokie and Shiftless

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
A quick update:

Marcia's health is doing pretty good, a few items are still lingering, (another Dr visit in the morning) The biggest obstacle is still the vision, she can watch TV and movies, reading is still difficult, but with enough light to flood the room, large print and a magnifying glass, she can almost read. No driving. But things are so much better than 2 months ago, we really feel blessed.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Grady said:
A quick update:

Marcia's health is doing pretty good, a few items are still lingering, (another Dr visit in the morning) The biggest obstacle is still the vision, she can watch TV and movies, reading is still difficult, but with enough light to flood the room, large print and a magnifying glass, she can almost read. No driving. But things are so much better than 2 months ago, we really feel blessed.

Glad to hear. :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Grady, you, Marcia, and Brian, have been in my thoughts and prayers too. thanks for the update.

Top Bottom