Plug bone dry after top end rebuild=no fuel past carb

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
crazy3dgen,

There should have been 2 small holes inthe side of the piston to lubricate that exhaust bridge you see with the pipe off, and yes, the hole would be hidden behind the exhaust bridge. I was just asking to make sure you didn't see the big rectangle hole that is supposed to be facing the intake side (no way for that exhaust bridge to hide that hole). The arrow points to the exhaust side of the piston with the two small holes.

crazy3rdgen

May 10, 2006
I did everything by the book. I didn't know that stator played a big part, manual says I should have marked its original position.

crazy3rdgen

May 10, 2006
ok the stator already has a line marked on it, and I see the arrow, it's off about 1/16-1/8th. I'm going to drain the coolant, pull the head, cylinder, and gap the ring

crazy3rdgen

May 10, 2006
fixed it all... bike started first kick with ease. What happend was one of the bolts that secures the left side exhaust valve came loose and let that valve go in just far enough to clip the piston ring. The ring got wedged inside the ring groove and wasnt able to function properly. Luckily I lightly filed everything and there was no severe damage to decrease performance. I also set the end ring gap with my feeler gauge, a good amount had to come off. So yeah, the bike is running good now, Still breaking it in so I varied the rpms keeping them low-mid-low-mid. And I also set the ilde, the bike never idle'd before for me now it does! However it takes alittle bit for the bike to get down to idleing speed. Is that because it's cold? Or still breaking in? both? thanks for your guys time in helping, i did learn a lot.

crazy3rdgen

May 10, 2006
thanks man! , yeah i just took it out in this light rain.. It sucks having to break it in but I have to. I got on it only half trottle, hit second and got up to half throttle quick.front end said good bye ground that's for sure.. Its runnin great!! even idles now !

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
If you put a Wiseco top end in, it will be a bit more cold blooded. Mine likes about a 4 to 5 minute warm up before takes a full throttle hit as it should. Until it is warmed up, it will idle faster as well. It idles down once warmed up. Parhaps this is all you need to do, let it warm up, or screw in the choke/idle screw.

crazy3rdgen

May 10, 2006
yeah, it's running alittle rich. Got flooded when i went to start it a few hours later. I'll have to adjust some things and let you guys know how she's doin. runs real strong though. Maybe tomorrow i'll go wot after some more puttin around

Top Bottom