lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
anyone done it? ive read articles on it talking about sanding the whole thing down then buffing but i think thats a bit extreme if it aint in real bad shape to begin with. i bought a polishing kit to use on a drill and am just gonna use compound on it in a few spots to see if it works. i will post back when i try it, might be today.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I polished my frame.. It's a complete pain in the a$$. To do it right you have to pretty much tear the bike down completely. It looks pretty good when it's done, but it doesn't last very long.

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
i already have to basically take the bike apart since its pretty beat up so i can regrease and replace stuff. maybe ill look into powdercoating ill probably do the swingarm to.

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
ive got a bench grinder im gonna use for the buffing process on the frame and swingarm but if it dont work and i screw it up ill just powdercoat it im going to powdercoat my rims and a few other small pieces as it is come tax return time this bike is gonna be awesome

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Don't powder coat your rims.. They flex... It'll come off pretty easy. Then your rims will look horrible.. Get them Anodized if anything.

I use Mothers Aluminum & Mag polish, works great.. I have a pic of my 450 right side cover in my gallery.. Before I polished, it was really badly abused... Looked horrible.. See for yourself how it looks now.

Top Bottom