Poor cold starting Banshee w/RZ350 heads

Marsh

Feb 26, 2004
I am working on a 1987 Yamaha Banshee 350. It has RZ350 cylinders and heads on it. In there,the power valves on the exhaust side are rigged to stay wide open. Would this add to the problem I'm having where it will not start in the cold? If I dump fuel in it starts and runs fine everytime! This thing starts and runs fine in the summer but winter it will not start.

I know what my KDX200 felt like when my KIPS were all melted and basically open all the time but I don't remember it being hard to start.

An input here would be much appreciated. Any other site to look to would be good too.

Will an open all the time exhaust valve cause poor cold starts(2-stroke).????????

Marsh

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Marsh said:
I am working on a 1987 Yamaha Banshee 350. It has RZ350 cylinders and heads on it. In there,the power valves on the exhaust side are rigged to stay wide open. Would this add to the problem I'm having where it will not start in the cold? If I dump fuel in it starts and runs fine everytime! This thing starts and runs fine in the summer but winter it will not start.

I know what my KDX200 felt like when my KIPS were all melted and basically open all the time but I don't remember it being hard to start.

An input here would be much appreciated. Any other site to look to would be good too.

Will an open all the time exhaust valve cause poor cold starts(2-stroke).????????

Marsh

Check out: http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/

Its like this forum except its ONLY about banshee's :) You will get plenty of help there thats for sure.

I have a banshee myself. They are pretty nice. I still like my dirtbikes better though :)

Top Bottom