Power core 2 vs. turbine core 2 review

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I just switched from a turbine core 2 to a poer core 2. If you are thinking of getting a silencer, and you don't need a spark arrestor, go for the power core.

To my suprise, there is no sould level differance between the two. The power core is much cheaper to boot.

Throttle response is crisper with the power core. One thing to note. My jetting was spot on with the turbine core. When I switched, I could instantly kill the motor with a full rip of the throttle. I will put a size larger main in it today.

As I see it, if the power core uses more fuel, it has to make more power...

Hope this helps.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I'm no guru, but, it was super lean on top with the turbine jetting on the power core. It needs a bigger main to run right. I can't imagine it needs more fuel "just to waste it".

Obviously, you can't use more fuel than you can air, or vise versa. In this case, I (the power core) gave the bike the ability to use more air, so I'll give it the ability to use more fuel (a larger main).

As long as the bike can use all the air and fuel I give it (while being in balance/correct jetting), (and in this case it can), it should make more power.

Theories aside. Buy the power core.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Well, I just gave it a good test ride with the larger main. Seems to work well.

Just for the record, it's at 42 pilot, stock needle/mid clip, 158 main (sounds rich on paper), AS 1.25 out, woods pipe, power core 2, DF2 reeds, air box lid heavily cut.

Maybe I tiny bit more smooge w/ the 158, but the bike feels really good. I'd say I'll end up with the 158 until temps stay above 70, then use the 155 again.

When I do a slow 3rd gear roll on down the street, the circuits blend very smooth, no da-da-dada-da at all. I assume thats a good sign it's close.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
the power core is louder than the turbine core and dont mess with the jetting. i have both also. just slap the turb on when u need a usfs approved silencer. the turb helps bottom end oh yeah 38 /150

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Perhaps you need to repack it. If there is a sound differance, it is minimal. My two sound pretty much the same. And on my bike, there is no doubt the power core needs more fuel. Just my experience.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Keep in mind that 89kdx200rdr has a 89 'E' series KDX vs the 03 'H' series KDX that mnnthbx has. The silencers are somewhat different between the two generations.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
My setup with pcore requires almost stock jetting. I figure me and you ride at about same altitude here in TN. Stock jetting except needle raised one clip position. BR8EG plug. The EG plug is the key. Airbox totally removed................and in winter I have to put it with holes drilled and snorkel removed back on, otherwise its too lean.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom