perryj1

Nov 26, 2001
OK,
what is the deal if you got this 99 kx 250 with a big boar kit,
and you ride if for less than a month and the cylinder is whore out and you have to get it boared again and again and again.
+ the exaust valve pin on your power valve is always worn bad
or completly lets go and slams into the piston. witch is where we are at now!
Does your power valve need to be adjusted, do to a bigger boar?
Is your cylinder egg shapped?
Need new sleave?
Rod to long
Rod to short
Need a BLUE BIKE ??!

This is for my buddy he's having one hell of a time trying to keep this green machine together. and its pissing me off because its taking away from my riding time :debil:

I appriciate any advice, questions for more input, anything will do.

Thanks before had

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
sounds like to me the jug is egg shaped and needs replated
the power valve is probly catching on the piston

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
Any cyl bored past 40 over has to have the power valve matched to the new size so that it won't stick into the cyl. Any good cyl shop will tell you this and will do it for you when they do your cyl. May charge extra but then you get it done right.

perryj1

Nov 26, 2001
We've tryed so called good cycle shops. OMS, Yamaha sport cycles
My buddy had it miked last night at a machine shop and he said it was 12 at the top 08 at the bottom.

Can this be fixed with another boar?

and to me 12,8 doesn't sound to me like a big boar at all. Custom Craft is engraved on the side of his jug. Has anyone had any work done there?

When he bought the bike the cylce shop, Johns Kawasaki said it had a big boar butt its up in the air now.

Thank again guys hopfully we can start moving in the right durection :D

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey perryj1 where ya from in vinton. u from vinton county or the town vinton? My dad had a '93 KDX200 bored out to 240, but he never dealed w/ John's Kawasaki in jackson, there musta been a reason for him driving all the way to chillicothe for parts. Maybe this is a reason? that they don't sell good stuff? have u dealt w/ john's before? well now that i have tried to help i guess, do u ride trails, or motocross? maybe if u ride trail u can come over to wellston sometime and ride richland w/ us.

perryj1

Nov 26, 2001
vinton county, I live in Albany graduated vinton county high school

I just started riding trail, richland furnace, i've been to richland in Hamdan

its a little rocky i tor the hell our of a motorcross tire there

My brother and I are going to ride the enduro they call it the "Fun Run"

He rode it last year got third in C class 200
He rides a KDX200

I rode my first enduro in Athens and nocked a hole in my radiator. thats were I blew my head gasket.

I haven't dealt with him personally, but I've heard some bad things about him
I deal with Athens Sport Cycles my self, not because a sware by them just cause they are local, never had any head work done just forks

sounds good maby we can hook up some weekend and throw some mud

I got about 4 or 5 guys that i ride with

thanks for the info
its good to hear from someone local

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i used to live in hamden, just off 160, i also graduated from vinton county in '99. maybe u can come down sometime and ride w/ us at richland, it's rocky, but not everywhere, u just hafta know the trail. you talking about the ADR run fun in August in wellston? i belong the club putting the ride on, maybe u can come out for the national enduro in july at wellston. hope u come down to ride w/ us that would be cool

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
Send your cyl off to Max Power,US Chrome, or other cyl repair business. Local shops are not the ones for this job. Yes it can be fixed, but it may take 3-4 weeks depending on back log.

Top Bottom