Pro Circuit Linkage Arm KX250 05-06

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Hi,

I'm not happy with the suspension on my KX250 -06. The rear end breaks loose in turns when I gas it, and goes through the stroke very easily, then pogos back up when I hit any big acceleration bumps. I also bottoms easily (footlong skidmarks in the rear fender) when landing jumps or in g-outs no matter what I do to the clickers. I also used to bottom the forks when braking no matter how I set compression/rebound. That was fixed by the suspension guy (mostly higher oil level, I think)

The sag is set to about 23mm/105mm. I weigh 200 with no gear on. I have tried going both ways on the sag to little avail.

The bike sucks enough that I was a lot faster on my dad's CRF450R -05 in a club race before which I had only ridden practise for about 20 minutes that was mostly spent adjusting the controls.

I'm seriously thinking about getting the Pro Circuit linkage arm. The cost ($185) means little and I'm just asking if any of you think that it can even theoretically cure my woes.

fitter

Aug 31, 2006
Hi Anssi,

I just purchased the same link for my 06,(what a hassle to get here in Canada cause no one here carries them, and PC does not ship out of the US).

My main reason for it was to lower the bike because my legs are short, and i was tired of dumping my bike when i stopped. It lowered the bike about 10mm, which is better than nothing i guess.

It definitely changed the way the bike handles for me, i am an average rider that is not overly aggresive. I noticed that it stiffens up the last half of the shock travel very well.

I'm a little heavier than you, and i found the stock springs on front and back for me too soft, I went 2 sizes stiffer on the back, and 1 size stiffer on the front, and now it handles much better for me.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to get the linkage and see what kind of a difference it makes.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
call up enzo and order their titanium base plate- it has a 3mm recess, this will shorten the shock by 3mm and your rear end by about 10mm. it makes the travel start in the slightly stiffer part of the stroke. probably not as good as the linkage, but definately worth a try.

http://www.enzoracing.com/parts.html

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Thanks a lot, now I will have to think how the effects of just the base plate compare to the linkage arm :whoa: . This is not the complete system, only the arm for about $190.

BTW, I'm 6'4" with long legs so any lowering is just an undesirable side effect to the hopefully improved handling.

Oct 15, 2006
Usually the first step to take when tuning your suspension is to install stiffer springs, but the stock spring for your bike is rated for a 200lb rider. You should contact a suspension tuner and see what they suggest. There is a guy in Ystad, in the south of Sweden who used to work at enzo, he would be the nearest enzo dealer. Did you try a sag measurement of 100mm?

kx137

Jul 1, 2002
Anyone know if maybe some older linkage would be 129mm legnth? Or if it would even work? I have some 2004 kx250 full linkage i could swap if it would fit / help. Any suggestions

Last edited:

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Well, they stopped making the linkage before I could get any. I'm getting rid of the bike and getting back to a YZ450F

Top Bottom